C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tool Part Number

Old 04-13-2017, 10:39 PM
MajD
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Tool Part Number

Can someone provide me with a part number for the seat belt bolt TORX socket driver? I tried using a T50 and twisted it (plus it kept popping out), and I purchased a snap on T500 off E-bay and snapped it off. I was using a breaker bar and now believe an impact wrench is the best way to get this off.

I don't want to take a chance with a used tool again, and snap-on doesn't call it the socket a T500 anymore. The snap-on site has a "Bit, TORX (GM-style), T47 and it is part number FTX500E2, and they have a socket driver P/N GFTX500E.

Will either of these work, and is one preferrable to the other? I'm a little confused because I thought the seatbelt bolts were T50 with thicker splines. This looks like a T47, which seems like it would be too small.

Finally, any tips on getting these bolts out would be appreciated. Has anyone used MAP gas to heat them up from the rocker channel side, or is there a risk of heating the buckle and scorching the belt?

Thanks

MajD
Old 04-13-2017, 11:02 PM
TOM B1
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I think there T50 and the 500E2 is just the bit as the 500E is the bit and a 3/8 socket drive.
Most seat belt bolts have a factory lock tight thread locker so they dont come loose.
heat is the key to loosen these bolts but all carpet and burnables must be pulled away, have a water bottle handy.
Another way to get these out is with a impact driver
The following users liked this post:
MajD (04-14-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tool Part Number