C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bled brakes, now no pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 02:40 PM
Lark327
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Snoopysvet
Bleed the brakes in this sequence....

Left rear inner
Left rear outer
Right rear inner
Right rear outer
Left front
Right front
So glad I went thru this process. There must be a good hiding place for air in the Vette brake system. The pedal is so nice and firm now. I bought the car last fall and thought the brakes were fine but based on the feel now, I realize there was air trapped in there somewhere. Gravity bleeding worked for me. It just took a little time and you have to be patient. I went thru 1 1/2 quarts of brake fluid before the rascal finally burped itself out.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:53 AM
Gale Banks 80'
Melting Slicks

Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

I don't know what availability You have for non Metric fittings. Before ordering a new MC I would disconnect the Brake lines and run temporary lines back to the bowls and make sure the MC is Bleed. Then I would cap them off, at this point the MC should be Hydraulically Locked and You should not be able to depress the Peddle. If the Peddle freely moves and then becomes Locked partway down then You have a Linkage issue. If it Moves slowly from top to bottom You have a Hydraulic Leak in the MC.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:16 AM
Snoopysvet
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Lark327
So glad I went thru this process. There must be a good hiding place for air in the Vette brake system. The pedal is so nice and firm now. I bought the car last fall and thought the brakes were fine but based on the feel now, I realize there was air trapped in there somewhere. Gravity bleeding worked for me. It just took a little time and you have to be patient. I went thru 1 1/2 quarts of brake fluid before the rascal finally burped itself out.
great news!

Quick Reply: Bled brakes, now no pedal