C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx454 shutting down possible fuel issue , fuel line size perhaps pumps

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 10:40 PM
richard174
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsx454 shutting down possible fuel issue , fuel line size perhaps pumps

Hi, if anyone could help me with an issue it would be great with my car shutting down intermittently.
It is a lsx454 engine - i have a Walbro in tank pump feeding into a 2 liter surge tank, Bosch 044 feeding through fairly small standard lines about 7 or 8 mm OD to the motor, return line from reg into the surge tank, over flow from surge into the main tank.
The shut down issue only happens when i am giving the thing full race mode and only after about 10 minutes of this.
if i drive at 90% it does not happen.
After pushing the car for 10 or 20 minutes i can hear the 044 change tone and get a lot louder, maybe unrelated.
I'm wondering if my fuel line to the motor is to small, what size is minimum recommended for an lsx454?
I'm also wondering if the single Bosch 044 can supply this motor or should i go twin 044?
I have installed a pressure sender and wired it for data logging to see if i get pressure fluctuations will this pick up air bubbles or will they be at the same pressure as the fuel?
I'd go and try it and see what happens but have managed to blow the differential at the same time, bad things come in threes waiting for the third thing.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Richard
Old 05-30-2017, 08:08 AM
holley505
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Would love to see some PICS... but if you post in C5 or C6 you may get a better response. Not to many of us here have FI.

I DONT THINK -its the injectors. Sounds more like a fuel pump. Can you hear it running when the car cuts off (fuel pump in the tank)?

I run a 418ci LSX but with a Carb.

Quick Reply: lsx454 shutting down possible fuel issue , fuel line size perhaps pumps