C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 10:52 PM
corvstang
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header issues

Hello everyone I have a 1977 corvette l48. Factory 350 block that wa las stroked to a 383. I have edlebrock aluminum 6073 heads. I have after Marley motor mounts and transmission mount. I also have a 700r4 transmission with custom crossmember. I also have factory a/c, p/s, alternator and water pump. The steering system I factory and I have a v b and p full front and rear monospring setup. I am not using and emissions equipment at all. I purchased a set of headman 68308 headers a long time ago. During the install the headers have hit the idler arm, oil filter, and fender wall. The passenger side is 2" back and can't go anymore forward. The installer also says if they got right in position hey may not clear the trans. The car is lowered because of the monospring I don't have the time nor money to play around with headers. I don't want to lose a ridiculous amount of power and looks and head back to an easy install manifold setup. I also do not want to lose the use of factory a/c and p/s brackets. I called pertronics on California, the suggested the dougs d350 header. Stops at corvette year 74. Will it still work without emissions equipment? And do I have to remove the a/c bracket? Is there any brand and model header that is modestly priced that any of you aware of that will install just fine without issues ? Thank you !
Old 06-18-2017, 12:02 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

What are "Marley" motor mounts, using google I cannt find them? I suspect you have a mount issue to cause that many problems so going to another manufacturer wont solve the problem.
The 68308 headers are the correct part number.
I cannt find a Edelbrock head with the number 6073, it should be 5 digits.
Shouldnt you ask Dougs why the D350 doesnt go past 74?

Quick Reply: Header issues