C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Rotor not turning

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 12:32 AM
zmanabba
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Brake Rotor not turning

I don't post here much. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that I have learned a lot from. I ran into a problem that was giving me fits and the solution might save someone else from grief. I had bought a 1972 Coupe that was someone else's unfinished project. One of the first things I set out to do was put the brake system together. The PO had done all of the nasty work so all I had to do was assemble. I had indexed the brake rotor on the front driver side to the lowest run out. When I bolted up the caliper the rotor refused to turn. I gave up and did a few searches. I hadn't hooked up the hydraulics so I knew that the caliper shouldn't be seized ( it wasn't). After a few months I got back around to looking and decided to do the passenger side. As I was bolting on the caliper I noticed that there were two different colors of bolts in the bag of new mounting hardware (VDP). One set gold one set black and the black were a hair shorter. I had used the gold on the drivers side. When I bolted on the caliper using the black bolts it turned. Went to the drivers side, switched the gold with the black and success! I don't blame anyone else except me for not paying attention to detail. I just hope that this might save someone else some hair pulling.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:19 AM
terrys6t8roadster
Melting Slicks

Received 337 Likes on 280 Posts

The following users liked this post:
zmanabba (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 08:25 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

:will y:

Many reasons I am bald, so far that is not one of them......
The following users liked this post:
zmanabba (06-18-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Rotor not turning

Quick Reply: Brake Rotor not turning