C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 08:31 PM
gabesaad10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights?

So my headlights haven’t been working and I’ve been trying to find out why, all the lights are in working condition but none of them light, I’m new with corvettes and I was looking for a fuse but looks like their isn’t one. But I was pulling off a connector to the lights and when I touched my screw driver to the terminals the lights turned on does anyone know why. The side marker lights work and I have a 77
Old 10-05-2017, 08:41 PM
71VetteLover
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by gabesaad10
So my headlights haven’t been working and I’ve been trying to find out why, all the lights are in working condition but none of them light, I’m new with corvettes and I was looking for a fuse but looks like their isn’t one. But I was pulling off a connector to the lights and when I touched my screw driver to the terminals the lights turned on does anyone know why. The side marker lights work and I have a 77

Where did you touch "the connector"? Are you referring to the plug on the rear of the headlight bulbs? If so you might have a disconnected or broken ground wire. A picture or two would help.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:06 PM
gabesaad10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry it’s a bad picture but the screw driver is hitting the the right terminal and the bottom of it was in this position _ it hit the middle and right side
Originally Posted by 71VetteLover
Where did you touch "the connector"? Are you referring to the plug on the rear of the headlight bulbs? If so you might have a disconnected or broken ground wire. A picture or two would help.
yeah the connector on the back of the bulb (the outside light bulb)
Old 10-06-2017, 03:22 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Pull the connector off the lamp, clean the lamp terminals and then clean the terminals in the connector.

Willcox
Old 10-06-2017, 04:27 PM
henrikse
Pro

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

You may be providing a ground . Like Willcox says clean them all up. Take a meter or test light and hook it to ground and see if yu have 12 volts positive. If so hook it to positive and check for negative voltage

Get notified of new replies

To Headlights?

Quick Reply: Headlights?