C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 point seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 01:39 PM
jgcable
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 4 point seat belts

I would like to put 4 point seat belts in my 77. It will have 1982 seats in it. Can somebody point me in the right direction.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:53 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by jgcable
I would like to put 4 point seat belts in my 77. It will have 1982 seats in it. Can somebody point me in the right direction.
I assume racing harness?

Are you wanting it kind of stock looking? or not?

They got that Shark bar unit, that a lot of guys use! And some integrate the shoulder units to custom lap belts or even the stock. There should be pictures on the internet by a simple search of maybe "C3 Corvette Harness bar"

Last edited by TCracingCA; 11-01-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:20 PM
ignatz
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,139 Likes on 737 Posts

Based on my experience, you are better off with a 5-point harness. The shoulder straps pull the belt part up to the stomach area and you really don't want it there. I installed the Shark Bar which comes with a mounting attachment for the center strap. The only downside is limited access to the rear compartment but if you have a convertible or tilting sets you'll be mostly OK. On mine, the straps get in the way of the rear but I can pass them through the holes in the seats.

Get notified of new replies

To 4 point seat belts

Quick Reply: 4 point seat belts