C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix one thing...break another!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Fix one thing...break another!

Well, I tightened my rigged up fuel line and engine responded tremendously....started to back 'er out the drive and old problem reappeared...like magic!

I broke this tab when rebuilding the car(one of the last parts to put back on and have a finished job, of course )

Sooooo....I used Gorilla brand epoxy glue to reattach an that obviously failed.

Anyone have a better solution/product to get this back on?
Attached Images   
Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

How do you fix pic orientation/rotate?
Old 11-16-2017, 07:18 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I know I would not try to fix it with an adhesive...I would get a new top plate for the QuadraJet....OR...you need to make an angle bracket.,..that is held down by the bolt right beside where this part broke off..and make it so the roll pin can go into it....OR..... contact SEM and let them see this thread so they might be able to advise if they have an epoxy that would have great strength. I know that they have awesome products due to I use them with GREAT success...but with this broken part having such a small 'footprint'. This one is questionable.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
Chicago Bob (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,836 Likes on 1,783 Posts

I think DUB hit it. Just get a new top plate for the carb and be done with it. Check eBay for cheap, incomplete cores.
The following users liked this post:
Chicago Bob (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 08:29 PM
NeverTooOld
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

You could put a 1/2" to 5/8" long #6 machine screw and nut into the remaining boss (after you drive the roll pin out). Tighten the nut then put the arm onto the overhanging threads of the machine screw then another nut with a drop of LocTite in it. You'd have to drill the hole a little bit larger for the machine screw to go in and drill the hole in the arm the same size but it would last until the cows come home.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:37 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Originally Posted by NeverTooOld
You could put a 1/2" to 5/8" long #6 machine screw and nut into the remaining boss (after you drive the roll pin out). Tighten the nut then put the arm onto the overhanging threads of the machine screw then another nut with a drop of LocTite in it. You'd have to drill the hole a little bit larger for the machine screw to go in and drill the hole in the arm the same size but it would last until the cows come home.
Ha! I like the way you think NTO.

But I'm jus gonna put this one on the shelf.....decided to buy the extra one David had.

Last edited by Chicago Bob; 11-16-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Fix one thing...break another!

Quick Reply: Fix one thing...break another!