C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 Corvette Elders Please Advise Sparco Seat fitment ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 04:45 PM
Robert Butler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C3 Corvette Elders Please Advise Sparco Seat fitment ?

Season's Greetings !

I'm in my 6th year building a budget Street /Strip 80 C3 and have learned a great deal from all of you through the many stages and challenges.

I've been looking at Sparco's #00961 cloth covered bucket as a possible safe, affordable seat. It measures out as just fitting with some fabrication to mount to the floor. Anyone installed one in their C3 ?

Thanks again,

Robert
Old 12-16-2017, 06:39 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

in case nobody replies, using the advanced search feature I found a number of threads featuring the word "Sparco"
Old 12-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Jason Staley
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

I don't have Sparco seats, but another thing to take into consideration is make sure that the seat at the shoulder area will fit inside the window. A number of seats I looked at would prevent the window from rolling up due to our windows leaning in so much. Good luck with your search.
The following users liked this post:
caskiguy (12-17-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 01:18 PM
pmazza
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are not set on the Sparco seat, it would be worth considering the Corbeau A4. As I am sure you are aware the C3 floor pan is narrow and seat fitment is limited. Aftermarket thigh supports will run into the center console where it flares out by the shifter so front-rear slide is limited. The shoulder area is a consideration as mentioned above also.

I have the A4s installed and the shoulder area just barely clears the top of the stock 1972 door panel on my car. Seat mounts should be as low to floor as you can get. I used the Corbeau mounts as a starting point and modified. Last thing to remember is refitting stock seat belts or using an aftermarket harness.

Phil
Old 12-20-2017, 12:49 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pmazza
If you are not set on the Sparco seat, it would be worth considering the Corbeau A4. As I am sure you are aware the C3 floor pan is narrow and seat fitment is limited. Aftermarket thigh supports will run into the center console where it flares out by the shifter so front-rear slide is limited. The shoulder area is a consideration as mentioned above also.

I have the A4s installed and the shoulder area just barely clears the top of the stock 1972 door panel on my car. Seat mounts should be as low to floor as you can get. I used the Corbeau mounts as a starting point and modified. Last thing to remember is refitting stock seat belts or using an aftermarket harness.

Phil

Speed Direct has a package that is reasonably priced!
Old 12-20-2017, 01:15 AM
Taijutsu
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pmazza

Phil
Over the years many of us have searched for a better seat. To the best of my knowledge, Fiero and C5 along w/A4s actually fit. There are many cheaper but no fit seats.
There might be a second Recaro seat that fits?

R

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Corvette Elders Please Advise Sparco Seat fitment ?

Quick Reply: C3 Corvette Elders Please Advise Sparco Seat fitment ?