C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tanks Inc EFI ready tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 07:39 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Tanks Inc EFI ready tank

If you have used the Tanks Inc fuel injection tank for your EFI installation, how/where did you route your tank vent line? I have no charcoal canister. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:51 AM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 583 Likes on 504 Posts

I was just reading a thread from Richard454, he used an inline charcoal filter and routed it to a marine style vent mounted where the radio antenna had been.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Kris_K
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You have to route the vent really high so it sits above the top of the tank. I placed mine near the antenna and it's held up with a zip tie.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:27 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Originally Posted by Kris_K
You have to route the vent really high so it sits above the top of the tank. I placed mine near the antenna and it's held up with a zip tie.
Thanks Kris, that is what I was thinking. There really isn't any place higher than that.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:02 PM
MAP73
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Vent

Originally Posted by flyeri
Thanks Kris, that is what I was thinking. There really isn't any place higher than that.
I have a FItech system and am installing a Tanks Inc EFI tank now to get rid of the noisy pump that came with the FItech. I don't have a canister and had installed a vented cap which has worked fine. Do you think I still need to use the vent and VVR that came with the Tanks EFI tank? I am concerned about vapor build up in the top of the area where the tank is near the antenna.

thanks
Mark
Old 06-17-2018, 02:42 AM
terrys6t8roadster
Melting Slicks

Received 337 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris_K
Old 06-17-2018, 03:11 PM
flyeri
Drifting

Someone suggested routing the vent line up high as mentioned and then turn down to a point below the tank level. It will allow venting and should prevent draining in the event of a rollover. If you use a vented cap it will allow air in freely and has a overpressure valve that opens at 1-2 psi(?). Personally I will have mine open so it breaths freely in both directions.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 AM
hgoodwiniii
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

HI stingraymax, what every came of your EFI conversion on your 75? My fuel pump seems to be gone out on my 76 and I'm wanting to convert to EFI but I really would like to have an EFI tank.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:10 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Unless you got a rusted out tank, you don't need a new tank, check the black plastic float valve on the top/driver side of the tank it's a float ball that shuts off fuel when cornering to the right, with a full enough tank, the line than goes to the charcoal canister, then it goes to PORTED vacuum, which is before the throttle blades and supplies minor vacuum to the line, enough to keep fumes outta your garage, I have that stock setup with a vented/locking cap and no sweat....

the FI pump is mounted on the rear frame rail, feeding the stock 3/8 steel line, the stock 5/16 line returns to the top right/pass side of the tank....from the pressure regulator....my pump is a Walbro pump that can be mounted dry like mine or stuck in the tank of you like extra work that serves no purpose....

Old 11-08-2018, 10:22 AM
hgoodwiniii
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks. Problem is that I believe the bladder in my current tank is collapsed so I want to change it anyway. The reason I'm thinking it's may be collapsed is when the gas gauge shows empty, I can only put about 9 gallons of fuel in the tank. The gauge then shows full so something is up between the tank, gauge and sending unit. The GM manual says the tank is supposed to hold much more than 9 gallons.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:07 AM
71 Vert LS1
Melting Slicks

Received 396 Likes on 300 Posts

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the internal 255 pump supplied with the Tank's Inc EFI tank is not exactly quiet. I used a Tanks Inc efi tank on my 68 C10 LS1 swap. You can't hear it when you are driving but it's easily heard when you are standing next to the truck. On past LS swaps I used Bosch 044 external pumps. They seemed to much quieter than the 255 pump.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:38 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

The WalBro pumps everyone uses for their in-tank pumps can be anywhere from almost dead quiet to annoyingly loud. What I've found is that they usually start out quiet but if they ever have any restriction on their intake (like a partially clogged filter sock) they get loud and will stay loud even if the sock is replaced. I also found the more aggressive injector/fuel system cleaners will damage them and make them whine. Oddly enough they keep working fine even when they whine. Never had one fail on me. They just get loud enough I can't stand it anymore and I replace them.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:36 PM
71 Vert LS1
Melting Slicks

Received 396 Likes on 300 Posts

Now that you say that I have 98 Wrangler with a LS1/4L60E combo. Did it about 10 years ago. Replaced the stock Jeep pump with a 255 pump. Its almost dead quiet. It has the stock 255 pump sock on the end of the pump. It has been rock solid reliable.
Having said that the Tank's Inc is a good piece. Well baffled on the inside. I had to play with the fuel level arm a little bit to get it to read correctly.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:55 AM
hgoodwiniii
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Tanks Inc EFI ready tank

Hi all, I'm still trying to figure out which way to go with the EFI conversion for my 76. I ran across this RobbMc powesurge. I'm just wondering if anyone here has used it and has any take on going this route for my conversion. Thanks.

https://www.robbmcperformance.com/pr...owersurge.html
Old 11-14-2018, 07:21 PM
terrys6t8roadster
Melting Slicks

Received 337 Likes on 280 Posts

I'm using the Tanks Inc kit, which included the new powder coated tank, pump, and sender with all the necessary hardware included, it's an all inclusive complete kit. As Zwede stated they are not absolutely quite, mine makes noise before the engine is started but after it's running the sound isn't heard due to engine noise. I used the fuel regulator offered by Tanks Inc to eliminate the need for a return line from the ECU. T

This is the modification done to the intake manifold.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:57 PM
hgoodwiniii
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok, but I'm hearing there is not an EFI tank available for a 76?

Get notified of new replies

To Tanks Inc EFI ready tank

Quick Reply: Tanks Inc EFI ready tank