C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connect where?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 04:58 AM
redkenyan
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Connect where?

Hi, been looking through my manuals and found out (White hard plastic line) it connects with the water shut off valve. Correct?

Where to connect the other end? Under heater controls in center console?

Second question. The rubber hose (half green/half black) with rubber ending. It´s in the wiper compartment and goes out to the engine compartment and about 4" to the center it goes through a grommet and back in. Probably somewhere under the dash I guess.

What is it and where to connect?

1979 L82 4spd
Best regards Björn

Hope u understand my English. (Swedish)
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2018, 02:14 PM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Björn, welcome to the Corvette Forum and your English seems just fine.

You might want to send a Personal Message to Ernie at Wilcox Corvette. He has a lot of excellent diagrams that may help you trace the line you're talking about. He's also very familiar with the systems you are referring to. He's extremely helpful at getting answers on just such questions as you are asking.

Good luck... GUSTO
The following users liked this post:
redkenyan (01-15-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 03:08 PM
SwampeastMike
Melting Slicks

Received 427 Likes on 377 Posts

The other end of the water shutoff valve is the water shutoff switch. The switch is behind the glove box on top of the HVAC box. The "button" on the switch is pressed when you move the temperature lever all the way left (cold). When pressed vacuum flows through the switch to the valve. The other line that connects to the cutoff switch leads to a "T" behind the dash. The "T" is installed in vacuum supply line that leads from the engine compartment to the HVAC selector switch.

The hot water shutoff switch has three connections as it can be installed either normally open or normally closed. It is sometimes not connected properly. Different switch versions were used so connections may not be the same. If you have a hand vacuum pump it's easy to hook up properly: The vacuum source (from the "T" I mentioned) should be closed (hold vacuum) when the button is NOT pressed. Press the button and find which other connection now has vacuum and connect it to the line leading to the valve.

I wish my second language skills were half as good as yours!
redkenyan (01-15-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Bjorn,
I'll say welcome too.
Here's a link to a thread from last year containing some 79 a/c information from Willcox.
You may find it to be of some help to you in addition to what Gusto and Mike suggested.
Regards.
Alan

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...this-wire.html
redkenyan (01-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Connect where?

Quick Reply: Connect where?