C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'72 center console installation / floor bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:53 AM
marc9889
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default '72 center console installation / floor bracket

I have several new interior parts to install, including a spiffy new Corvette America shifter console. Either the installation instructions on the internet are sparse, or I'm a very poor Googler, because I can't seem to locate any info on how to handle the floor bracket.

Do you install the floor bracket to the radio bezel first, then the console, then the floor, or the floor first, then the console, then the bezel? All tips appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi Marc,
I believe the parking brake console and shifter console must be in place before the center gauge bezel is installed.
If the shifter console isn't there the center bezel wants to sag down and to the rear when being put in place.
Remember... you can't be too CAREFUL handing/installing the bezel.... it's VERY easy to break.
Regards,
Alan
The following users liked this post:
marc9889 (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,139 Likes on 2,070 Posts

I believe my floor bracket was attached to the console.

As Alan said, use the PB console to position the main console, then the radio bezel otherwise it'll almost always end up too low somehow.

Also I believe that the holes in the floor bracket and the parts on the floor where drilled on assembly so if you've replaced a bunch of stuff they might not be correct anymore and you may have to drill new holes where they need to be
M

And really, you might want to think about just breaking the bezel while it's out rather than waiting and breaking it putting it in
The following users liked this post:
marc9889 (03-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To '72 center console installation / floor bracket

Quick Reply: '72 center console installation / floor bracket