C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 06:56 PM
twinpack
Drifting

Received 349 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Fuel line

I installed new fuel and vabor lines. Installed a new fuel pump. Now the question. What are you guys using the connect the hard fuel line to the fuel pump. I do have the rubber line from one of the vendors but my concern is todays fuel degrade rubber and I do not want to take a chance with a rubber fuel line. Unless the new lines are ok with todays fuels. Anyone know or have advice.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:00 PM
JoeMinnesota
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 128 Posts

I use the fuel injection rated rubber line available virtually anywhere. Many say absolutely use the s-line available from Vette vendors for the main in to the pump. I used rubber but ran it thru a copper elbow so it would hold a turn and not kink (if you use 3/8 rubber from the hard line to the pump it usually kinks at the sharp turn, which will cause you problems.
The following users liked this post:
twinpack (05-20-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 12:05 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

you should use the pre made S line. any other hose home made combination is sure to kink

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel line

Quick Reply: Fuel line