C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1982 crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 07:26 PM
G3 Johnny
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1982 crossfire

Hi , Had this car in Florida, great drive ….shipped to Europe and drove hard and fast down to Spain . it started rough running and found fuel tank pump rubber pipe shot and the filter.
fuel pressure back to 10+ lbs and starts and drives good but on kickdown at gear change motor dies momentarily into 2nd gear, then picks up max revs and dies again into 3rd gear
drives perfectly otherwise . any ideas? fuel? …..filter? (new) ….electrical ? ANYBODY had similar symptoms ? Im living in Spain so cant pop down to local Vette shop !!
Also all parts must come from U.K. or U.S.A...…... urgent advise PLEASE .or Email john.eismark@gmail,com....or..Watsup +34689956848.....Skype....
Thanks to ALL Vette nuts out there, this is my 6th Vette in 40 yrs !!
Old 07-04-2018, 06:44 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

how did you check your fuel pressure?If you only have 10 psi then you need to replace the fuel filter and fuel pump.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:24 PM
vince vette 2
Drifting

Received 223 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by G3 Johnny
Hi , Had this car in Florida, great drive ….shipped to Europe and drove hard and fast down to Spain . it started rough running and found fuel tank pump rubber pipe shot and the filter.
fuel pressure back to 10+ lbs and starts and drives good but on kickdown at gear change motor dies momentarily into 2nd gear, then picks up max revs and dies again into 3rd gear
drives perfectly otherwise . any ideas? fuel? …..filter? (new) ….electrical ? ANYBODY had similar symptoms ? Im living in Spain so cant pop down to local Vette shop !!
Also all parts must come from U.K. or U.S.A...…... urgent advise PLEASE .or Email john.eismark@gmail,com....or..Watsup +34689956848.....Skype....
Thanks to ALL Vette nuts out there, this is my 6th Vette in 40 yrs !!
Does the engine just die like it's going to quit, or does it stumble and run rough. I had the latter issue on my 1980. The cause was one plug severely fouled.

Get notified of new replies

To 1982 crossfire

Quick Reply: 1982 crossfire