C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help to determine possible horse power!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 11:34 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Add correct PCV valve on drivers side
Passanger side breather is ok
The following users liked this post:
KNOT-HEAD (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 03:05 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana
Add correct PCV valve on drivers side
Passanger side breather is ok
Thanks,
I just got off the phone with Blueprint. They are going to supply replacement valve covers, gaskets and give recommendations on the recommended PCV valve to install. I have it in writing, none of these changes will void the warranty.

What do you think about the exhaust pictures, taken at 1300 miles?

KNOT-HEAD
Old 12-18-2018, 03:57 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Hard to make any determinations on exhaust buy its looks..

does it smoke when you start it?
does it smoke when you hit the gas hard?

if not,,, your probably ok..
KNOT-HEAD (12-18-2018)
Old 12-18-2018, 05:09 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Hard to make any determinations on exhaust buy its looks..

does it smoke when you start it?
does it smoke when you hit the gas hard?

if not,,, your probably ok..
Thanks,
There is no NOTICEABLE smoke at either time. I will do a better inspection once I get home and let the wife work the accelerator. I contacted JEGS again. Attached is their recommendations for the PCV valve breather, breather cap and covers I purchased today.

KNOT-HEAD
Old 12-18-2018, 05:24 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KNOT-HEAD
Thanks,
There is no NOTICEABLE smoke at either time. I will do a better inspection once I get home and let the wife work the accelerator. I contacted JEGS again. Attached is their recommendations for the PCV valve breather, breather cap and covers I purchased today.

KNOT-HEAD

pretty...

more than you need, but I am sure you know that:-)

it is pretty though:-)
KNOT-HEAD (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 03:44 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Get your pvc in it will be fine. make sure your dipsrick isnt loose either. ALl this is par for the course youll be glad when its done.

Theres a vid by Holley on youtube on adjusting your choke

Last edited by cv67; 12-19-2018 at 03:44 AM.
KNOT-HEAD (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 08:21 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

pretty...

more than you need, but I am sure you know that:-)

it is pretty though:-)
Thanks,
That ALMOST sounds like a compliment.....Noooo! I'm just hallucinating.

KNOT-HEAD
Old 12-19-2018, 08:33 AM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Get your pvc in it will be fine. make sure your dipsrick isnt loose either. ALl this is par for the course youll be glad when its done.

Theres a vid by Holley on youtube on adjusting your choke
Thanks,
I have the PCV valve on order from JEGS. I went a little overboard on it but I wanted to make sure is, without a doubt, I had the correct one for that engine. The tech (Terry) showed me how to adjust the electric choke last week. I adjusted it last Saturday morning. The dieseling and rough idle went away immediately. It's amazing how two different professional shop mechanics did not know how to properly set a carburetor.

The computer age is taking away the craftsmen of the world.... except for some of YOU old farts! Thanks again to ALL OF YOU (Y'all) for teaching me some your expertise. What y'all collectively know is worth more than money can buy! Except for "pauldana"... I think he has more money than "God"....LOL!

KNOT-HEAD
Old 12-19-2018, 11:40 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

no, not more money than god... lol... that's bill gates... and my alarm did go off this morning for me to get up and to go to work... so:-)......
I have been told many times, "you lead a charmed life" first time I heard it was grade school... then I was told this again by a co-worker..when I started Rockwell int. at 21 as an engineer... And I have heard it several other times,, and its always the same phrase... that's why its stuck in my mind... I worked hard all my life, from 21-31yo I worked 100 hours a week without a single vacation... which was the beginning of my "rise".. but at 38, I had a devastating divorce, (funny side story here, I was being set up to run for congress by the head of the republican party here in California, as soon as the divorce papers hit, that was over) it did more than just cost me a million in loss...it cost me my soul for almost 4 years,,,in that time I hated the world, hated women,,, used them, 100's of them... did not work.. just had parties 7 days a week... lost track of days and months of the year.. only thing that keep me sane and brought me back from the edge, was my 2 sons, and ice hockey. my sons brought me sanity, the ice hockey let me take out my aggressions without going to jail.. (6 year grappler, 6 year 1st degree brown belt) started pulling my life back together,,, worked my way bak up to the top,, I'm here again,,, but now counting the years I have left.. its been a crazy life. and to say they could make a mini series of my life.. yea, they could and many would not believe it.. I have a general contractors license, 3 teaching credentials, BS EE Electronics engineer, pilot, importer exporter, owned 5 communications companies with 50 employees.. remember colored pager cases or slot machines that take mag strip readers or the first mag strip reader door locks? all mine.. Currently building a new mall, where my sons and I plan on also owing the majority of the business in the mall.. a gas station, drive through dairy, carls jr and more... that and the build of 5 more costume homes... then I am done,,, and all I want to do after that is spend time with my family, and work on my Ford GT40 in my new shop/garage.. (Thats another story:-)). ever see "War of the Roses" that was my divorce.. , Funny thing is, when I saw it, with my X, after the movie, I told her if we were ever to get a divorce, it would be like that,,, and it sure in the **** was...lol..
And lastly... women... blessing or curse,,, they have always been easy and plentiful... And all stunningly beautiful... look up Ginger Miller, just one of my X girlfriends and not near the best.. why? I have no clue... my little brother despised this.. it made me sad.. that's another story as well... remember the movie the BBC.. I was 21 living in Beverly Hills with my new Corvette..And I dressed the part, and the women... omg, the women..
btw, my parents arrived in California penniless... had to sale the one car they owned to buy food, and ask the land lord for free rent till my dad got his first check.. He taught me EVERYTHING I know,,, not school.. And I would trade everything I have, to have him back in my life..

Last edited by pauldana; 12-19-2018 at 12:26 PM.
KNOT-HEAD (12-20-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 12:11 PM
jim-81
Drifting

Received 280 Likes on 195 Posts

Wow - nice story! I feel boring now.. lol
KNOT-HEAD (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 07:32 AM
fishslayer143
Drifting

Received 156 Likes on 143 Posts

I think you may get arthritis from patting yourself on the back so hard , dude... a little over the top.. sounds more like a movie script
KNOT-HEAD (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 09:31 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fishslayer143
I think you may get arthritis from patting yourself on the back so hard , dude... a little over the top.. sounds more like a movie script
sorry.. I know .. wrong forum...
and yea.. it would be an amazing movie...actually.
KNOT-HEAD (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 12:53 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

pauldana.... SO WHAT, BIG DEAL!!!! I'm an electrician and "YOU" are STILL and old grouch and scrouge ...... NOW A MORE RESPECTED ONE BUT.... STILL AN OLD GROUCH AND A SCROUGE....LOL!

That's an amazing story. I don't care if you DO get arthritis from patting yourself on the back like "what's his name said"!!!! Very few people in this world actually travel more than a 500 mile radios from where they were born. Some have never stuck their toe into the ocean, climbed a tree, climbed or even seen in real life a mountain, or pissed on a camp fire. Those are the people like "what's his name". They live in the corrupt greedy world of the "news media". All they know about the race, creed, color, politics, religious beliefs and horror stories of people and their country around the world is what the top 1% of the 1% group want them to know. OOPS!... I forgot...you are one of those DAMN 1%ers....lol! Others, such as you take the bull by the horn and follow their dreams. I can't help but admire you and others like you. It's rewarding when there is actually a TRUE story about someone that was born into near poverty and became a self made success story. You did not lead a "charmed life" as others accuse you of.... YOUR A KNOT-HEAD, LIKE ME! All someone has to do to get something near impossible accomplished is say, "THAT CAN'T BE DONE or YOU CAN'T DO THAT"! Unlike my normal, hopefully light harted comments too and about you.... CONGRATULATIONS ON LIVING "YOUR" DREAM!

Mine is a similar story but with a far different ending....because "I" am stupid and like now, loaded with bad choices! I agree, my daddy was always my hero. The only reason I am not in prison today is because, I made damn sure I didn't get caught because I DIDN'T WANT MY DADDY TO FIND OUT! It wasn't about the *** whipping I would get (got plenty of those anyway) it was because of the look on his face when I let him down. Sorry to say I did that far too many times during his lifetime. He was a chemical plant operator for over 25 years until he hurt his knee on the job and took an early retirement. He dropped out of school and started out delivering groceries on a three wheel Indian motorcycle for his uncle's store. He loved that job. His eyes would light up when we would talk motorcycles. I caught the bug from him. But that's another story. He road that motorcycle daily until he was hit by a car. He and mama were just dating at that time but she had him BY THE *** and demanded he never road one again. Not riding weighed heavy on his heart for as long as I can remember. He loved her without limits, so he always did as she requested. He got his GED and became a chemical plant operator so he could raise the six kids "mama wanted" and put them all through a Catholic education. He always dreamed of traveling. I can here him now, "When y'all damn kids get grown and move out, me and your mama are gonna to hit the road and see the sights". NEVER HAPPENED! Shortly after his retirement, mama began to show signs of Alzheimer's. I pray someday that **** will be eradicated from the face of the earth.

Now my part of this story. The middle child and his favorite. A four year Letterman in football and track, high school All American (honorable mention) defensive end, Supper Team defensive end and offensive tackle, LA All Star defensive end, All State/All District offense and defense, plus outstanding lineman in both. The rest of my life was handed to me on a golden platter. I had scholarship offers all over the country with the exception of LSU and Tulane, because of my low GPA. I was stupid for not studying but school was boring. That was before anyone had ever heard of ADD which I still am. Like you I worked hard to fulfill my dreams of becoming a professional football player. Unlike you, I failed miserably. I had my souped up 57 Chevy Belair, was a bag boy at a local supermarket, a lifeguard at a public pool (the first year pools in Baton Rouge were integrated...that's a story in it's self), taught physically and mentally challenged people to swim over the summer months when not involved in high school sports. With that, I became my daddy's hero. His dream come true....later his worst nightmare. If he had followed through with one of his multiple threats to "castrate me", this story would have an all together different conclusion.

Now here is where "STUPID" really takes over. This is when my mind went from professional football player to "***". Similar to your situation, the combination of my picture in the local and state news papers on a regular basis, the hot car and a not to hard to look at guy, the ladies were in abundance. Unlike you, I was a dumb jock, not a ladies man and didn't know how to schmooze the ladies. One day this 4' 9-1/2" tall, 36"(D) x 21" x 35", smoker, high school junior flunky, with streaked bleach blond hair, wearing an undersized red and white polka doted bikini began hanging around (and out...if you know what I mean) my lifeguard stand. Only by the grace of God, no one drowned at that time because I spent most of that day and many days afterword looking down at those "polka dots". That's when daddy first began the "castration" idea. I began to pick up the same bad habits the polka dots directed me to value. The polka dots and I became engaged that same year (1968). Which was my junior year in high school. At that time I had not fallen completely overboard for the polka dots, even though we were engaged to be married. It was the benefit package that intrigued me....... The dots still had control of the little head, which at that time made "MOST" of my life altering decisions. The dots seduced me into going to a local college instead of one of the major out of state universities. Even though everyone else in my life tried to talk me out of it, I paid attention the the little head that was completely under the influence and control of the dots. The reason the dots chose this college for me to attend was because it was close to the dots and would allow an athlete on full scholarship to be married their Freshman year. Hell, I could have played for "Bear Bryant". How stupid can one "KNOT-HEAD" be? I did get to sit the bench my Freshman year when we played against Terry Bradshaw. This football program was the worst I had ever been associated. I had come to be embarrassed to even say I attended that college let alone play football there. Needles to say LSU and Tulane were correct in not offering me a scholarship. I flunked English 101 after three semesters and lost my scholarship. I had lost interest in the football program which made me just hate it there. Within six months the dots talked me into getting married immediately,which we did. I had planned to be a walk on for the Saints that season. That was when they were first starting up, but the dots redirected me by insisting we purchase a house...which we did. The now University called me and offered me my full scholarship back, my wife a job, a house on campus, sense I had set out one season as required by the board of education. Having a house of my own to pay for, I regrettably declined their offer.

Once I signed the wedding contract, the well went dry... if you know what I mean! This situation with the dots would have never worked any way. Again listening to the wrong head, I had a date lined up with a GoGo dancer for the night of our honeymoon. Shows you how dedicated to the dots I was, even during the engagement. Now I wish I would have not stood up the GoGo dancer... Hind site is twenty twenty. I lasted two long, miserable years with the dots. One day I loaded my personal belongings into my pickup truck, gave her everything, including all the money in the bank and moved into a friends apartment. All I wanted was OUT! I went crazy for the next five years. Some of it I actually remember. My "so called" friends, always told me I had a GREAT TIME and I beleave them. After the dots divorced me I lived 100% by my personal and selfish desires. This was the first time in my life I felt free! Until then I was ruled my Catholic parents, the Catholic church, my coaches, the dots and menial jobs. I finally made the decision to do what I wanted to do and only on my terms. More bad decisions. I got involved in drugs and the wrong people, most of which were associated with the night club industries. I loved working in night clubs. I started as bar back, then bar tender, then assistant manager/bouncer, eventually to become the manager of what at that time was the largest night club in Louisiana, the 2001! Again being in the limelight because of the popularity of the club, ladies of all shapes and sizes were in abundance. I can't give you a name to look up but a major airline stewardess I had the pleasure to spend quality time with, dropped me for Wayne Newton!

Close to the end of the crazy years, I met my current wife and saving grace. She had been drug free all her life. With her help I got on the straight and narrow which drove me to become a very successful night club manager. We had our first child so I elected to leave the night club business and go back to electrical work, in order to provide a better atmosphere for raising a family. I had been an industrial electrician during the dot and first part of the crazy years. My wife and I attempted many business ventures and failed at all of them, but one. We opened a sporting goods store, then Walmart opened up 5 miles down the road and killed us. We sold Amway, Herbal Life, Herbal Drops, firecrackers, plus motorcycle paraphernalia at motorcycle rallies. The only thing we had a knack for was the "snow ball stand business". We did extremely well with two stands but it is a seasonal business. Now I am a electrical/instrumentation supervisor/manager/estimator/project controls/project coordinator for one of the (arguably) largest E&I industrial construction company in the USA. Again, this was only because of the positive influence my currant wife/best friend has had over me.

I know my life does and doesn't compare to yours in some instances. The bottom line is, you made the correct choices at the correct time. Until I met my current wife, I made all the incorrect ones and for the wrong reasons. You and I both had golden opportunities stare us in the face early in life. You embraced yours. I spit in the face of mine. To show you the how life has the way to redirect your goals, every time I start having a pity party on my behalf over my continued poor decision making process, my living guardian angle tells me to stop and think, "if I would have not made all those mistakes before we had met, we would not be together today". So as far as I'm concerned....PAT YOURSELF ON THE DAMN BACK FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT, you earned it. Just think about what your life story could have looked like today if you would have "MARRIED A POLKA DOT" at the same time in life, I did. We are both counting the days until our clock runs out. You (now or soon will be) are on the beach with a (KICK-IN WIFE) supervising a photo shoot for Beach Bunny! Multiple wrong turn in life could have placed you at a computer, typing a bunch of crap about a person you have never met and at the same time describing your life story, in detail on a site that has the potential for ten's of thousands people to read. Keep up the good work by educating an old fat man about a 77, bucket of bolts. This may become your most difficult accomplishment to date!!!!

KNOT-HEAD

Last edited by KNOT-HEAD; 12-20-2018 at 03:34 PM. Reason: TEXT UPDATE
Old 12-20-2018, 12:58 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jim-81
Wow - nice story! I feel boring now.. lol
jim-81,
Your life is what YOU make it. Look around. Not so boring after all ... is it?

KNOT-HEAD
Old 12-20-2018, 01:33 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

fishslayer143

I'm willing to bet your dreams would be the STAR of that movie. I would not. I have made plenty mistakes in life that placed me where I am today. I'm sure you have also. Thankfully "I" learned by MOST of mine! Very few people have the good sense and direction to make MOSTLY correct decisions at the correct time, as well as over come the bad ones. Please don't be that guy, ESPECIALLY TO "THIS" GUY. Take the time to read each and every word on this long and seemingly, never ending saga of my trials and tribulations concerning me and my 77 Corvette. You will hopefully open your eyes to the "true" pauldana. The person that has (arguably) "more money than God" but yet takes the time to redirect a 68 year old, damn near broke, fat man out of the gutter he had again and again dug for himself. He and others on this site have NEVER asked for a thank you or any other form of compensation for any of the INVALUABLE and PRICELESS bits of wisdom and expertise they have gracefully shared with not only myself but all whom have access here.

HAVE A BLESSED DAY,
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS plus A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
KNOT-HEAD
jim-81 (12-21-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 01:39 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

sorry.. I know .. wrong forum...
and yea.. it would be an amazing movie...actually.
Thanks,

I need to know one thing. What could have you accomplished that was so impressive to receive that accolade in "grade school"? Be assured, if they do make the movie.... I'm gonna fast forward to the BIKINI parts.

KNOT-HEAD
Old 12-20-2018, 03:21 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KNOT-HEAD
Thanks,

I need to know one thing. What could have you accomplished that was so impressive to receive that accolade in "grade school"? Be assured, if they do make the movie.... I'm gonna fast forward to the BIKINI parts.

KNOT-HEAD

I loved your story... Thank you for sharing... I was also a life guard in High school and a bit of time in collage... and yea, it was strictly for the girls.... lol

how did I get that phrase pinned on me? it seemed that no matter what I did,, good bad or indifferent, I came out smelling like a rose at the end.. wether it was due to my parents, or my own dumb luck, I always landed on my feet.

and the stuff I did in high school... omg... ,military smoke grenades set off in the quads... cherry bombs down the toilet.. always bring my guns to school to go out shooting later.. I remember one time around 3rd period, security shows up... Paul, did you bring your gun to school? yes, its safe in my locker.. lets go get it and put it in your car and don't bring it back again,, ok.. just thought is safer in my locker.. loaded 357.. I ruled and ran the electronics class.. designed built and ran the school radio station.. yea, I built my own pirate radio station at the school.. 200watts:-) and so on.. never had to study.. it was just easy to me... I remember finishing the whole math book at the 1st semester... so I would just play the entire second semester.. I did that is grade school as well..
Girl friends... a few of the have taken the wind from my sails over the years,,, actually only 2 have... my first love from high school.. 5 years.. and my X wife... both extremely hard recoveries for me..
Women have always been my weakness,,, I love the Dots very very much... lol...
all my falls have been due to a woman.. but I do have 3 amazing boys... Danny, 25yo masters in Electrical engineering, starting pay $115,000... middle son LA county fireman with a BS in business, 23yo... and my little 8yo, speaks Russian and English beautifully.. I have high hopes for him as well.. Wife wants 1 more,,, I am getting old though... and that is the only thing that worries me... today I am in amazing shape... but I have seen people like me one day in great shape,... next day dead from a stroke or something like that... the reaper stalks us all, and he always wins. we just hide from him as long as we can..

on a side note, I thank the lord Jesus every nigh for my blessings, and ask forgiveness every nigh for my many transgressions.. he gave me my parents, which I could have not become what I did without them. He gave my my sons, no better have I ever seen... this is my biggest blessing, and would triad all others for this alone..

This is not to say that I have not had my travesties as well... I lost my mom, dad and little brother all in a 4 year space.. I lost my soul for many years after my divorce.. and after my high school sweet hart.. she ran away with a pilot of one of the B1 bombers.. lol... but god and time heals all wounds..

I love life, and when it ends, I will miss it... and hope the lord forgives me for all the wrongdoings, and lets me in through the gates..

may god bless you and your family...

Merry Christmas to all...

Last edited by pauldana; 12-20-2018 at 03:22 PM.
KNOT-HEAD (12-20-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Help to determine possible horse power!

Old 12-20-2018, 03:29 PM
fishslayer143
Drifting

Received 156 Likes on 143 Posts

maybe you should take the time to read some of mine.. and notice the 4 decades of experience with C3s I have and the number of thanks I get from members I have also taken my time to help... before you chastise me. for not doing the same...I merely pointed out he went a little over the top FOR THE C3 TECH FORUM section.... Merry Christmas,.... signed WHATS HIS NAME

P.S. I would expect better from a fellow Cajun ... notice I did not call you Knot HOLE
KNOT-HEAD (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I loved your story... Thank you for sharing... I was also a life guard in High school and a bit of time in collage... and yea, it was strictly for the girls.... lol

how did I get that phrase pinned on me? it seemed that no matter what I did,, good bad or indifferent, I came out smelling like a rose at the end.. wether it was due to my parents, or my own dumb luck, I always landed on my feet.

and the stuff I did in high school... omg... ,military smoke grenades set off in the quads... cherry bombs down the toilet.. always bring my guns to school to go out shooting later.. I remember one time around 3rd period, security shows up... Paul, did you bring your gun to school? yes, its safe in my locker.. lets go get it and put it in your car and don't bring it back again,, ok.. just thought is safer in my locker.. loaded 357.. I ruled and ran the electronics class.. designed built and ran the school radio station.. yea, I built my own pirate radio station at the school.. 200watts:-) and so on.. never had to study.. it was just easy to me... I remember finishing the whole math book at the 1st semester... so I would just play the entire second semester.. I did that is grade school as well..
Girl friends... a few of the have taken the wind from my sails over the years,,, actually only 2 have... my first love from high school.. 5 years.. and my X wife... both extremely hard recoveries for me..
Women have always been my weakness,,, I love the Dots very very much... lol...
all my falls have been due to a woman.. but I do have 3 amazing boys... Danny, 25yo masters in Electrical engineering, starting pay $115,000... middle son LA county fireman with a BS in business, 23yo... and my little 8yo, speaks Russian and English beautifully.. I have high hopes for him as well.. Wife wants 1 more,,, I am getting old though... and that is the only thing that worries me... today I am in amazing shape... but I have seen people like me one day in great shape,... next day dead from a stroke or something like that... the reaper stalks us all, and he always wins. we just hide from him as long as we can..

on a side note, I thank the lord Jesus every nigh for my blessings, and ask forgiveness every nigh for my many transgressions.. he gave me my parents, which I could have not become what I did without them. He gave my my sons, no better have I ever seen... this is my biggest blessing, and would triad all others for this alone..

This is not to say that I have not had my travesties as well... I lost my mom, dad and little brother all in a 4 year space.. I lost my soul for many years after my divorce.. and after my high school sweet hart.. she ran away with a pilot of one of the B1 bombers.. lol... but god and time heals all wounds..

I love life, and when it ends, I will miss it... and hope the lord forgives me for all the wrongdoings, and lets me in through the gates..

may god bless you and your family...

Merry Christmas to all...
Thanks,
Yup, we all have stories and one thing in common....we are going to die. You say, you are in "great shape" now but seemingly healthy people drop dead at the drop of a hat! Most of my life, I concentrated on being as strong as physically possible, for my body composition. I had a "bully" chase me off the school buss in the 4th grade, causing me to get hit by a car. Until then, my daddy always told me " not to fight.....never start a fight but never loose one either". Since that first bully incident, I have never ran from a fight again. Partially because I was stronger than most of the people I came in contact with, so they just didn't bully me any longer.

Later in life I went to the gym twice a day. Resistance exercise in the morning and step aerobics in the evening, on my home after work. At 53 years old I was incline leg pressing (on a machine) 1,125 pounds @ ten reps. That was all the free weights that would fit on the machine. Not bad for an old man. Then I asked myself, WHY? I didn't have anything to prove. I was only in competition with the machines and myself. Now I regret stopping because I am a creature of habit. Once I got out of the habit of exercising, I just gave up. Now I'm 68 years old, used to be 6' tall, now 5' 10-1/2" (yup you get shorter with age), 315 pounds. I started back at the health club last week and went immediately to the incline leg press machine. What a joke!!! After 15 years of gluttony, laziness and TV, my best was 360 pounds @ ten reps. BUMMER DUDE!

The reason I recommend you take it is easy is because I have what is known as an "athletic heart". Meaning because of my enthusiasm with sports, I abused my heart at an early age. Take the time to Google "2,000,000 heart beats". It's controversial and most people ridicule me every time I bring it up, thinking it's an excuse for me being now, so fat. This theory discuses the correlation between the heart rate on homosapien in comparison to the hart rate/lifespan of other mammals on earth. For instance (just guessing at the numbers... don't get technical on me) our hart beats at approximately 60 bpm and our approximate life span is currently 70 years old (recently increased due to medical advances). That equates to approximately 2.21 billion (similar to how much cash you have in the bank) lifetime heartbeats. As a comparison a chicken would have a heart rate of 275 bpm and an average life span of 15 (less medical advancements...lol!). That equates to approximately 2.17 billion lifetime heart beats. The theory is, the heart is simply a pump that pumps blood. As any pump, it has an expected lifespan, then the parts wear out and the pump has reached its limit to operate efficiently.

That being said, how many professional athletes do you hear of living a ripe old age of 90? None that I know of. In my opinion, all this cardio exercise fad we have been on for the last 30 some odd years is actually shorting peoples lifespan. For instance, look at women (I KNOW, WE BOTH LOVE TOO ANYWAY) and their comparison lifespan to men. Once upon a time, on average women out lived men, 10/1. Now (in my opinion) the sexes are beginning to equal out on lifespan. In my opinion it is partially because, women instead of being a stay at home mothers, nurturing our offspring's (as God intended), they are forced into the workplace to help financially support the household. This puts them in the same stress, exercise, dietary and sleep arena for years only the American male was battling. Some women choose this lifestyle over being stuck at home cleaning the house and changing diapers. I am all for women's equal rights. But there again, LIKE YOU, I'M JUST A DIRTY OLD MAN ..... AND JUST LIKE-EM... lol!

I had a cousin-in-law that loved playing tennis. To look at him, you would think he would live for ever. WRONG!!! In his mid 50's while on the tennis court he simply "just died". Needless to say, this was a shock to all that new him. In my opinion, he just wore out his heart and it just stopped. My uncle had a "athletic heart" as mine and in his 60's required a pace maker. So all this mumbo jumbo I'm spitting out (in my opinion) means, eat sensibly, exercise moderately (BTY, vigorous sex is GREAT exercise), lower your stress level and sleep well will insure you maximize your healthy life span (less getting tied up under the sheets in bed by a jealous, beautiful young wife while she beats you with a baseball bat) and allow you to enjoy the 6 more children you lovely wife will desire in the future. After all, your current three children will go insane trying to spend all that damn money you have horded in offshore accounts!!!!!

Merry Christmas plus a safe and Happy New Year.
KNOT-HEAD

P.S.
Far be it for "ME" to start any ****..... "BUT" .....If you die before I do, can I have your wife and some of your cars? LOL!

HART RATE COMPARISON CHART
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Hart rate calculation.pdf (29.7 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by KNOT-HEAD; 12-21-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 12-20-2018, 04:22 PM
KNOT-HEAD
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

maybe you should take the time to read some of mine.. and notice the 4 decades of experience with C3s I have and the number of thanks I get from members I have also taken my time to help... before you chastise me. for not doing the same...I merely pointed out he went a little over the top FOR THE C3 TECH FORUM section.... Merry Christmas,.... signed WHATS HIS NAME

P.S. I would expect better from a fellow Cajun ... notice I did not call you Knot HOLE
NEW IBERIA LOUISIANA!!!!! No wonder!!!!! I apologize! You are correct. I should have taken the time to research your back round before commenting on your response to pauldana's heart felt text. I pick on him every time he tries to dig me out the hole I have dug for myself. Please beleave, I did not mean any disrespect to you. I was truly touched by pauldana's story.

BUT THAT'S NO EXCUSE! If I would have, I would have seen you were from "NEW IBERIA". I would have realized you only have just so much time before dem people come role up dem streets and turn dat gas off to dem street lights. Ma-sha, if you run late you... you got to paddle dat damn pirogue all da way to da house in da dark! Sha... for sure dat ain't good no, You know dem gators come out to feed at night. Sha.......you best get your butt to da house before dim skeeters come out and eat you up too......LOL!

HAVE A BLESSED DAY,
MERRY CHRISTMAS and VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!.... WHATS HIS NAME!

"Knot HOLE"

Quick Reply: Help to determine possible horse power!