C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm for my 78 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 07:23 PM
LenWoodruff
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Alarm for my 78 Vette

I know the car came with an alarm. I am not sure it still works so I thought I would look for a replacement with a keyless remote.

I found some but realized I have no idea what I need.

Can these be tied into the current door/hood alarm switches or are all of them shock/movement?

Any recommendation would be helpful.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:18 PM
ratflinger
NCM Grand Opening Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 358 Likes on 250 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '17

Does anyone even pay attention to a car alarm going off anymore? Except to be wishing it wasn't. A carefully concealed battery disconnect is probably better.
The following users liked this post:
LenWoodruff (09-17-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 10:26 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

I hate to say it but when cars started coming with remote alarms yeah no one much cares when one goes off,
If a bad guy wants to steal our c3 an alarm isnt really gonna slow him down much if any, neither is battery ignition kill,
Our car will be loaded into a truck and gone in 60 seconds,

I havent looked yet im no where near there with my 69 but i do want a silent warning buzzed to my phone if the car is hit or tampered with, i had that in the 80s it buzzed a pager, remember those?

It was funny the day me and 3 or 4 punkers asked the dirtbag trying to steal the tops out of my 81 if he needed help, oddly he didnt laugh.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:19 AM
LenWoodruff
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by The13Bats
I hate to say it but when cars started coming with remote alarms yeah no one much cares when one goes off,
If a bad guy wants to steal our c3 an alarm isnt really gonna slow him down much if any, neither is battery ignition kill,
Our car will be loaded into a truck and gone in 60 seconds,

I havent looked yet im no where near there with my 69 but i do want a silent warning buzzed to my phone if the car is hit or tampered with, i had that in the 80s it buzzed a pager, remember those?

It was funny the day me and 3 or 4 punkers asked the dirtbag trying to steal the tops out of my 81 if he needed help, oddly he didnt laugh.
I was looking for one that would notify me if something was going on. I have seen some that are 1500 feet and some that are 1 mile that would notify the keyfob/remote. I would prefer it to ring my phone if possible.

Last edited by LenWoodruff; 09-17-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Alarm for my 78 Vette

Quick Reply: Alarm for my 78 Vette