C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

75 corvette coupe door stuck closed

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 04:33 PM
MCallan
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75 corvette coupe door stuck closed

I have looked up the old posts(threads) on how to open a stuck door on C3 Corvettes, but have been unsuccessful in getting the driver side door to open, The door is manual with no power locks or windows. The door is closed shut with no door panel on , I tried pushing down on the lever that puts pressure on the door latch striker,just behind the rod that comes up externally from the interior lock. I have played around with the passenger door that is off the car, and when I push down on the lever I hear a click and the striker clip disengages. Pleas eany ideas of how to get the driver's door to open would be appreciated.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:19 PM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

The door itself may be stuck shut. Try jacking car up a little right at the rear door gap. Flex a bit and change where latch is on striker.
The following users liked this post:
MCallan (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 966 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

This usually works.
Roll the window down and press down on this part.

The following users liked this post:
MCallan (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 07:25 PM
MCallan
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Peterbuilt
This usually works.
Roll the window down and press down on this part.

Thanks everybody for their help I jacked the car up a little bit up blew out the latch with some air again, was surprised with some of the dirt that was still stuck in the mechanism re-looked at the picture that Wilcox Corvette has and re-sprayed the whole system with PB Blaster again,finally the lever moved relasing the striker.The door is now open.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:05 PM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

now, don't close it! pull the latch out. see how the door opens and closes with no latch. without being jacked up. get the latch working on the bench and then in the door latching it on a screwdriver or something. now you can close the door.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:50 PM
behr
3rd Gear

Thank You, Thank You; I needed the picture with the linkage in it to determine the push point. In addition, I had my son get in the car and push had on the door while I pushed down on the bracket. It opened and now works better then it every has. I have to pull off the panel to try to find out what it was that was blocking it from opening.
Thanks Again to all that assisted!

Get notified of new replies

To 75 corvette coupe door stuck closed

Quick Reply: 75 corvette coupe door stuck closed