C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sharing my progress - 425 rear wheel hp on pump gas

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,892 Likes on 2,564 Posts

Seeing as how the ports are considerably larger on the AFR heads than that out of box EFI intake......I wonder to see how this is a problem and you really need to blue it off and scribe it to get a good picture of what is going on......
I can tell you from experience that Holley could send you a pile of manifolds and maybe 2 out of ten would be how you would want them to be.......
Please let us know what Pro-M or Holley was able to do......

Jebby
Old 06-10-2019, 12:18 AM
Walter Taucher
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Been too busy and put aside posting on blogger but have just now updated. Pro - m sent me a replacement manifold that matches the AFR heads. ports look great, check out my blog. New engine is in, did find some chassis rust, had it repaired by a pro , updated rear trailing arms, front suspension and it should be ready to fire up next week.

details here...
https://7dshark.blogspot.com/
Old 06-10-2019, 11:11 AM
OMF
Melting Slicks

Received 343 Likes on 250 Posts

We'll be looking forward to a full report....
Old 06-17-2019, 08:07 PM
Walter Taucher
Advanced

It started right up. The pro-m racing Mass-Flo EFI, Now working thru the finish up.

Hear it run for the first time in my blog.
https://7dshark.blogspot.com/2019/06...first-try.html
Old 06-30-2019, 11:16 PM
Walter Taucher
Advanced

Aw shucks I may have bricked the ECU...

I made an adjustment to the fuel pump settings and when saving to the ecu the software closed but did not finish writing the config to the ECU. Now no spark
Old 07-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Walter Taucher
Advanced

Default When keyed on, fuel pressure got to set 40psi and then drops to zero

Pro-m sent me instructions to revive the ECU the next day and am back and running.,

Now have a issue that when the key is bumped on the fuelpressure goes up to the set 40psi and then immediately drops to zero. The regulator was first suspect and replaced but the behaviour still remains. The regular is mounted in back by the fuel tank. It is recommended that it be mounted up by the engine. Would that be the problem
Old 07-10-2019, 10:10 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter Taucher
Now have a issue that when the key is bumped on the fuelpressure goes up to the set 40psi and then immediately drops to zero. The regulator was first suspect and replaced but the behaviour still remains. The regular is mounted in back by the fuel tank. It is recommended that it be mounted up by the engine. Would that be the problem
How is it hooked up now? Fuel in to the regulator from the tank then fuel out of the regulator up to the EFI then return to the pump? -I am not sure but I think the regulators only regulate pressure on the “in” side. I was told by Chris @ Efisysyemspro.com to run the fuel line to my fuel rail and then after coming out of the other side hook it up to the regulator’s in port...

Where you put your regulator might be better for a fuel filter and then move the regulator to the engine bay.

Adam

Quick Reply: sharing my progress - 425 rear wheel hp on pump gas