rose jointed rear strut rods - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

rose jointed rear strut rods

Old 11-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Dave Vincec
CF Senior Member

Default rose jointed rear strut rods

Hi all,

My 68 has aftermarket 'heavy duty' type rose jointed strut rods.

The drivers side is driving me slightly nuts as it rattles like a bunch of tin cans being dragged behind the car...

I can see its a 5/8th UNF male ended rose joint running into the strut - but can anyone confirm what the internal diameter of the spherical bearing should be (where it slips over the shock mounting fixture (don't know the proper name, sorry!)

it's a standard c3 shock mounting bit - so i'm hopeful someone out there can tell me what the diameter is at the point where the strut mounts...

Many thanks in advance for thoughts!

David

(P.S; yes - I could pull it off and measure it.... but if it's possible, i'd rather keep the car together for another few weeks before decommissioning for the winter.... this is a winter job, that i'm just trying to get the bits for ahead of time! )
Old 11-09-2018, 10:48 AM
mbb9674

5/8” diameter for the shock mount
1/2” for the in board (strut rod bracket) end
If one is going out you might want to think about changing them all.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Rescue Rogers
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C3 of Year Finalist

pics please

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: