C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Line Return

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:20 PM
jpatrick62
Burning Brakes

Received 243 Likes on 160 Posts
Default Fuel Line Return

Hello,

I am out to replace my fuel line to dual inlet Holley with a nickel/brass line from the pump to the carb inlets, also placing a fuel filter in between. However, I want to get
some opinions on my fuel line return, the one you see plugged.

Apparently these were used with the original Q-jet that came with the car, but that has been replaced with a dual feed Holley. Further, I think the original design had the fuel return line attached to the fuel filter. My fuel filter
does not have this one it - it only has an inlet and outlet (to the dual feed of the Holley). So my question, is this line necessary if I am using the Holly or can I safely keep it capped as the last owner apparently did?
Old 12-13-2018, 05:42 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,605 Posts

it depends upon whether you have idle quality issues in very hot weather.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:08 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Due to you not giving the year model of your car . I have to assume your car is a 1968 or a 1969. IF you want to use the fuel return line...install a fuel pump for a 1970 to 1981. That type of fuel pump has the return line port made into it. But you will need to also purchase the special 90 degree brass fitting so your hard line from the pump to carb will work....unless you are going to fab up you own set-up.
DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Line Return

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Return