C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TKO-600 parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 09:26 AM
L88Plus
Drifting

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Default TKO-600 parts

Where do you guys get transmission parts for your TKO-600? I scored one for a Ford (I know, I know, but it was a real smokin' deal) that I want to convert. I understand I'll need an input shaft, front bearing retainer and case among a few other things. I want to upgrade to bronze fork pads and carbon fiber surfaced synchronizers while I'm at it. It already has the correct OD gear and output shaft, so I should be good to go there. Part of the reason I got such a deal was that one mounting ear had been broken and rewelded, but I knew I'd be replacing the case and doing some internal work, so I had factored that into the price. I can ebay the used parts to help recover some of the costs...I hope!
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-11-2019, 10:34 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,331 Likes on 1,059 Posts

When I rebuilt my Ford 4X4 tko I went to the local transmission shop and they got me the kit and a few other hard parts. All my brass synchros were half worn away and it was hard to put it in 1st gear. It never had a problem until my daughter started driving

Seems to me it was about $350 for the kit

Quick Reply: TKO-600 parts