C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a better connection

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 10:44 PM
vette steve
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking for a better connection

Hi all, Just a quick intro, I bought my first corvette last fall, 350 automatic I have redone the brakes and replaced the master cylinder so far.
It came with headers and about 2 ft of straight pipe. Its a tee top so yes the carpet and the seats were the first thing pulled. carpet is shot .
But I just have a question for those that have done more then me at the moment.
Previous owner has done some work but never finished it for what ever reason so I am in the middle of sorting it all out. yes it runs but only when the AC switch is turned on. is there a better option then having the electric choke hooked up to the AC power? My question is couldnt it be hooked up to a source that powers when the key is turned on? I will have more questions as thing warm up here but for now this is a good place to start.
thanks
Steve

electric choke was added but they used the power from the AC unit that is no longer on the car. is there a better option?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:59 PM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 966 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Hi and welcome!

You can tap into the YELLOW wire at the wiper motor as that is HOT in RUN and OFF with the key OFF.
The following users liked this post:
vette steve (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 08:44 PM
vette steve
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the response.

Get notified of new replies

To looking for a better connection

Quick Reply: looking for a better connection