C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 01:00 AM
BB Bertha
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI conversion

I bought a Holley Sniper for my 69 427/390. Anyone else here installed the sniper on a 427 4 speed. What was your experience?
Old 04-17-2019, 03:43 PM
502 C-3
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Similar here. 1974 502 5speed. Had the '69 tri power on it. It ran fine with that set up. I installed the sniper along with the tanks fuel tank. Only problem was line leaking on the fuel pump in the tank. Took a bit to isolate it but after I bought a pressure gauge and dropped the tank again it wasn't a bad fix. As far as performance, it really woke up the engine. Like driving a different car. I'm not very keen on the tuning part. Luckily my son has one on his Chevelle and helped me get it fine turned. As most will say they run better the more you drive them. I've since replaced the tired 502 and replaced it with a zz502 crate engine. Sometimes I wish I had a little less engine as it's an animal and I really can't beat on it and will definitely get my *** in trouble in a flash.

Quick Reply: EFI conversion