C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear end snubber

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 03:34 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by bmans vette
Interesting info.
I was aware of the poly vs rubber discussion but don't remember hearing about an aluminum disk.
I have the solids for clamping down the diff cross member.
I guess I need to research that one.
Got a link to the disk or a recommendation on who to get it from....???
Thanks
Bman
I think I got mine from Toms Differentials.

https://www.tomsdifferentials.com/20...Pages14-23.pdf

Locator Kit

This nifty kit secures the crossmember to the frame, minimizing the up and down flex while eliminating wheel hop and that horrible bang noise that occurs on initial launch and between shifts. Amen.

Also includes front tongue bushing eliminator and new bolts so installations a snap.

Proven so successful
Part #10V-LK Price $80.00

MADE IN U.S.A.

Originally Posted by ignatz
If you bolt the snubber up solidly there's still torque at the differential crossmember rubber cushions moving the crossmember a little bit, even with the solids and maybe even in the member itself. Which means you are trying to stress the front crossmember welds, right? Why is that a good thing? What's the advantage here, I don't see it? Do I have this wrong?
See above post with Toms reply from his web site.

Toms is very well known here for parts for bullet proof corvette rear ends. they deal with HP...

If your sub 400 poly or rubber is probably fine,,, like I stated earlier, I'm in the 650+ range... and have around ~$5K in the rear-end ..... but beyond that,,, it just shifts tighter with less sponge feeling.. more solid. I like that feeling.. again, imho nothing more

Last edited by pauldana; 05-16-2019 at 04:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bmans vette (05-17-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 04:09 PM
ignatz
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,125 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by pauldana
... it just shifts tighter with less sponge feeling.. more solid. I like that feeling.. again, imho nothing more
Thanks, Paul. I guess I can see that there might be some element of feedback to the tail of the transmission through the driveshaft. So ... it feels better is the main thing.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:51 AM
bmans vette
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 351 Likes on 304 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19, '21

Originally Posted by pauldana
I think I got mine from Toms Differentials.

https://www.tomsdifferentials.com/20...Pages14-23.pdf

Locator Kit

This nifty kit secures the crossmember to the frame, minimizing the up and down flex while eliminating wheel hop and that horrible bang noise that occurs on initial launch and between shifts. Amen.

Also includes front tongue bushing eliminator and new bolts so installations a snap.

Proven so successful
Part #10V-LK Price $80.00

MADE IN U.S.A.

See above post with Toms reply from his web site.

Toms is very well known here for parts for bullet proof corvette rear ends. they deal with HP...

If your sub 400 poly or rubber is probably fine,,, like I stated earlier, I'm in the 650+ range... and have around ~$5K in the rear-end ..... but beyond that,,, it just shifts tighter with less sponge feeling.. more solid. I like that feeling.. again, imho nothing more
Thanks PD.....I have looked at Tom's site a 100 times and never picked up on the solid disc for the front snubber as I already had the other 2 discs from Van Steel.

Now another part to chase down.

Thanks again
Dennis (Bman)

Quick Reply: Rear end snubber