C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleeding a Hydraboost, any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:20 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Default Bleeding a Hydraboost, any tips?

I re-installed a Hydraboost that had been off the car for 10 years, but worked when it was taken off and boxed. Worked with this same pump in this same car, actually!

Since the install however it's moaning and groaning and very angry sounding, but works fine. You can "feel" air even in the pedal force though, sync'd to the loud noise.

My plan was to put it up on my life and cycle the wheels back and forth all the way a couple of times while the engine is running. Beyond that I don't have any good ideas how to get trapped air out of a system when it includes a hydra boost - anyone have any good tips?

Thanks!
Dave
Old 04-25-2019, 11:32 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by davepl
I re-installed a Hydraboost that had been off the car for 10 years, but worked when it was taken off and boxed. Worked with this same pump in this same car, actually!

Since the install however it's moaning and groaning and very angry sounding, but works fine. You can "feel" air even in the pedal force though, sync'd to the loud noise.

My plan was to put it up on my life and cycle the wheels back and forth all the way a couple of times while the engine is running. Beyond that I don't have any good ideas how to get trapped air out of a system when it includes a hydra boost - anyone have any good tips?

Thanks!
Dave
http://www.hydratechbraking.com/braketech1.html

Quick Reply: Bleeding a Hydraboost, any tips?