C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Fuse Blows, have hazards

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 11:17 PM
donglyz06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tonight I took a meter to the fuse box . If I put the probe on the left fuse terminal for the wiper fuse , it shows that it is grounded. I'm guessing that's the issue haha. Where does that wire come from and where could it possibly be shorted? I was about to pull the fuse box out but I wanted to ask here first
Old 09-15-2019, 06:49 PM
donglyz06
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled the fuse box today. Everything appears to be normal. Both the pink and the blue wire for the turn signal fuse show that they are grounded. Does the pink wire show it's grounded because the ignition is off? I'm pretty sure the pink didn't show grounded before.

The real problem is everything looks fine as far as i can tell. I have two blue wires connected to the fuse. One goes to the flasher, and the other goes to the engine side connector. I assume if I cut the wire going to the engine side connector I will lose my reverse light? What would cause a short on the connector? It is really hard to work under the dash and see everything.

1. Why is the pink showing ground (it wasn't before ....at least i don't think so)

2. What should I be looking for on the engine side connector that might be a common issue?

lastly...helpppp!!!!!!! I am so close to getting this car drivable.

Last edited by donglyz06; 09-15-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Fuse Blows, have hazards