C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much HP loss from crank to rear axle

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:53 PM
JoeMinnesota
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 128 Posts

Ouch - well fortunately with assembly lubes likely no issues from those few seconds. At Sharadon Larry did my dyno work and was patient, methodical and we eventually got it sorted, so worked out okay.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Customcorvette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno HP

I love to read all the posts about Corvettes in general. I am a proud owner of a 1981 Corvette. The stock engine only ran a 15.0 after taking all the smog stuff off and AC stuff. Also had a chip in it.
I went to a all custom 350 engine. Even the block was decked, port polished and 40 over. Decided on the Dome Speed Pro pistons. I know for a fact that all rpm ranges for all parts need to match up well.
So I did a 268° Comp Cam. Balanced all the internals and did Eagle Rods. Went with Linatti push rods.
Last went with Edelbrock for the Aluminum cylinder heads, dual plane Intake, and Edelbrock 750CFM 4 barrel. Compression is 10.5.1. So it can do 87 or 93 octane 100% gas
I never researched the statistic hp just the dyno hp. The dyno said 418hp. One factor that helped out tremendously is the transmission I upgraded to was going to go into a 7 second quartermile C3 vette. The owner installed it in my Vette instead. The rear gear ratio is stock.
I was too scared to run my Vette in a quarter. Did run it 0-60 and did 4.0 consistently. Just launched it at 2200 to 2400 RPM. The curb weight is around 2900lbs. I would guess 12.5 to 11.8 range for a quartermile.
Right now I have the timing low so I can run 87 octane. Engine has zero run on when you have it in drive and turn the engine off. Even then the car scares me at 35mph when you punch it. The car goes side to side and speedo cannot keep up.
Really impressed with the build and C3 Vettes. Would love to hear more.

Last edited by Customcorvette; 06-11-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: how much HP loss from crank to rear axle