C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel filter paper type

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 10:37 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Fuel filter paper type

Should you be abel to blow thru the opposite end of the gasket side with no restriction?
Old 08-26-2020, 05:15 PM
SwampeastMike
Melting Slicks

Received 427 Likes on 377 Posts

Despite your "fake" user name the answer to your question is "no" due to the check valve that prevents the carburetor fuel bowl from emptying when the engine isn't running.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:31 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,930 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Mike -
I think you just got trolled by fake... The opposite end of the gasket side of a Q-Jet inlet filter is a solid metal plate. Of course you can't blow through it. He knows it.

Solid metal plate opposite the inlet gasket end:

The following users liked this post:
marshal135 (08-26-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 09:04 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

For all you guys that FAKE stands for my first three name initals and the E for Electrical Contractor was given to me 40 years ago by people i contracted with for electrical services. As far as that paper filter i read in a Chevrolet manual that was the way you checked them , by blowing thru them. The question i asked was due to having leakage under that fitting the fuel filter was located in, but i found the plastic o ring was crushed and assume that was the problem. Finding one of them has been a problem even at NAPA.,I normally buy two of every item i purchased so thanks for both of your help!
The following users liked this post:
HeadsU.P. (08-27-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 07:08 PM
HeadsU.P.
Le Mans Master

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,648 Posts

I don't have a QJet but memory serves me that past post over the years was NAPA was the Go-To place to find the cartridge alright. One thing about NAPA, if one store doesn't have em, there is another NAPA 15 miles away.

As a last resort, there is always EBay. Just check where its being shipped from.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel filter paper type

Quick Reply: Fuel filter paper type