C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strut Rod Heim Joints

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 04:28 PM
C3FIXER
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Strut Rod Heim Joints

After reading a lot of the opinions on replacing the OEM strut rods with adjustable rods with Heim Joints I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. Global West along with other major suppliers offer the adjustable strut rods with the Heim Joints which makes a lot of sense. Then there seems to be interest in adding a spacer under the strut rod bracket. That is where I need more direction. do you really need it or not or is it more of a performance adder for those guys who track their cars?.
I have a '77 L82 4speed with a 370 gear. I plan to do a major suspension and diff. repair in a couple of months so I want to get parts on order. That would include trailing arms, fiberglass rear spring, shocks,
U joints, strut rods, and all of the smaller parts and pieces to make this a nice project. I did a similar job in 2000 on a '74 L48 4 speed Convertible so I know what I am getting into but lots has changed since then in regards to upgraded parts. Thanks for any more info.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:29 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,150 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Read through here
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rt-struts.html

Is it better, yes.
Will you see it on a street car.... I doubt it
Do you loose more ground clearance.... Yes but it's not the lowest thing under there
M

Quick Reply: Strut Rod Heim Joints