C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Reading- C3 Restoration Guide

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 01:01 PM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Default Winter Reading- C3 Restoration Guide

Thought those of you who have yet to obtain this information (or did not know of its availability) might want to order it from GM what with winter keeping some of us off the highways (no comments from you warm climate folks.) This isn't my article, I cut and pasted from www.corvettefaq.com/C3/restoration.html But I did order mine last winter and it is good (and free) material.
________________________________________ _____
Free Restoration Package
from corvetteforum.com member 45ACP

"Restoration Package for your Corvette from GM/Chevrolet! Call the Chevrolet Customer Assistance hotline at (800) 222-1020 or 810-696-4800. You will need to supply the VIN of the car. If your Vette was originally registered in Canada, you will have to call GM of Canada at (800) 263-3777. GM-Canda wants $40.00 plus tax for the restoration package, so try the US number first. I got mine last year. The stuff I got consists of good quality photocopies of service/maint. info, an order form for the Corvette Black Book, a dealer order guide, MVMA Specifications form, another rather extensive specifications reference published by GM and a 1/4" thick listing of official GM Restoration Parts suppliers. All told, about 100 double-sided pages. The young lady I spoke with last year didn't quite know what I was talking about when I requested the Restoration Package, but after a few seconds of keyboard clicking sounds she found it and walked me down through a list of questions (name, address, VIN, etc). She told me 6-8 weeks to deliver, but I remember it only being a week or so. Yes, it is free. Free phone call, free restoration package, they even covered the postage.
All you have to do is call, answer a few questions, then go out by your mailbox and wait."
Old 01-05-2003, 05:49 PM
jdcrvt
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Winter Reading- C3 Restoration Guide (BlueL36)

Thanks Blue. Sounds like a great resource. :yesnod:

Quick Reply: Winter Reading- C3 Restoration Guide