C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solved Leaking Fuel Lines on '68 427/425

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 10:34 AM
ntmyzr1
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default Solved Leaking Fuel Lines on '68 427/425

After I finished the rebuild of the 3 Holleys, I reconnected the fuel lines. Unfortunately, when my brother-in-law owned the car, he has stainless steel fuel lines installed. My advice is always stick with steel. These lines are so hard it is very difficult to seat the line into the brass blocks. They leaked in virtually every connection. I ordered a new OS set, but when I got them the bends were terrible, so sent them back for replacement. In the meantime, I saw reference on the Forum to The Pontiac Tri-Power Power Team. They sell tapered coppers washers for the connection. Put those in and no more leaks. I would recommend you try these at $2 each. Contact is John Wright at www.pontiactripower.com. I didn't see these available at my typical Corvette suppliers. Hope this tip makes your rebuild process go better.
The following users liked this post:
interpon (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 10:57 AM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,096 Likes on 998 Posts

This is a great reminder, and these copper washers work. You can also use them for brakes. They can be had from Amazon too. Bottom of Post #7 for a video of how they work, and links to Amazon: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ix-thread.html

Quick Reply: Solved Leaking Fuel Lines on '68 427/425