C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

82 Vette fuse panel questions/suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 12:26 PM
C3GUY55
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 82 Vette fuse panel questions/suggestions

Hi there, recently purchased a 82 with 60K miles on it. The CFI actually runs perfect, however there is an issue in the fuse panel. There is a broken fuse terminal for injector bank 1. (fuse position INJ1)

A repair shop a few years ago installed a wire (approx 8" long) with a spade connector on each end and a 3A inline fuse to compensate for the inability to just install a fuse, well one end of the wire pulled out and of course it ran like crap until I got it home. I temporarily was able to "stuff" the wire back in there to complete the circuit for the INJ1.

If you've made it this far, thanks. I would like to know is it a real PIA to replace just the fuse block itself, I do not want to pull the firewall side of the harness off or anything, just try and find a used fuse block and plug it in to the existing wiring harness. The car is fully assembled and would like to know peoples thoughts. Thanks in advance!

I've attached a photo with the inline fuse and wire outlined in white

Old 04-29-2024, 05:52 AM
4-vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,784 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

My thoughts. Glad as hell it's not my problem !
Sorry, you asked.
Looks like a giant pain in the butt. The reason the repair shop did the bubba repair.
If it was mine. I would probably do a end around with a single fuse holder for now.
But then I would be replacing the fuse panel complete. With NEW parts. Not used! As soon as I could get the parts and time.
Do it correctly. Or not at all.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:21 PM
Buccaneer
Melting Slicks

Location: Arizona - If you don’t know CFI, STOP proliferating the myths around it...
Received 1,011 Likes on 692 Posts

That sucks and BuBa has stuck again. You will have to get the entire harness attached to the fuse box since that's the way they come. You may want to get with Lectric Limited and see if they still have these in stock. Also, talk with them to ensure their box has the two injector fuses #1 and #2 incorporated into the box. GL in your quest. BTW....It's a PITA to replace if you are taller than 4 foot.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:40 PM
C3GUY55
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Buccaneer
That sucks and BuBa has stuck again. You will have to get the entire harness attached to the fuse box since that's the way they come. You may want to get with Lectric Limited and see if they still have these in stock. Also, talk with them to ensure their box has the two injector fuses #1 and #2 incorporated into the box. GL in your quest. BTW....It's a PITA to replace if you are taller than 4 foot.
It may just come down to isolating those 2 wires within the harness and “correctly” installing an inline fuse, instead of jerry rigging the inline fuse the way they did it.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:58 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,611 Posts

How about a picture of that fuse location without anything attached?
Old 04-29-2024, 07:08 PM
C3GUY55
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MelWff
How about a picture of that fuse location without anything attached?

11AM in position to the purple fuse at the bottom
Old 04-29-2024, 07:49 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,823 Likes on 1,611 Posts

Originally Posted by C3GUY55

11AM in position to the purple fuse at the bottom
Google ATC fuse box repair kit and see if anything shows that might solve your problem easier than replacing the box.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:15 PM
C3GUY55
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MelWff
Google ATC fuse box repair kit and see if anything shows that might solve your problem easier than replacing the box.
Thanks man, will do!

Get notified of new replies

To 82 Vette fuse panel questions/suggestions

Quick Reply: 82 Vette fuse panel questions/suggestions