C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOT (Little OT) 1/4 times for my Formula.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LOT (Little OT) 1/4 times for my Formula.

Best I could do was 13.7 @ 102 with a 2.2 60'. My tires really suck but make for :cool: burnouts, did one in rev on accident.:lol: My second best time was 14.2 @ 100 so I was very inconsistant. The stock shifter also sucks the big one, skipped from 1 to 3 and from 2nd to OD a few times. With a ratchet shifter, some decent tires and some real headers I bet it was be in the low 13's. Also would be nice to get it dynoed so I could tell my best shift points. The car is really set up for road racing with a very stiff suspension and I would like to try that next year. Where some fast cars tonight, 68 camaro ran a 10.9, a c4 ran 11.2 and some c5's in the 11's.

All and all it was fun and I got to let a friend take a couple runs, he is hooked now and will probably be getting into it now. :)

BTW Any one use their locking t/c when drag racing? Mine is not set up for manual use but I am going to hard wire it to a button on the shifter handle when I switch to a ratchet shifter.

[Modified by Fevre, 9:28 PM 9/25/2003]
Old 09-25-2003, 09:38 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: LOT (Little OT) 1/4 times for my Formula. (Fevre)

Sounds lijke fun but the Vette is faster right ?
Old 09-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: LOT (MotorHead)

Sounds lijke fun but the Vette is faster right ?
Not without an eng. :D

Low buck 383 going in. If it runs well with no problems than I am going to put my alum heads, bigger roller cam and FI on it next year. I still have a long term goal of a FI supercharged 383 but may even get a 400 block and go 406. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To LOT (Little OT) 1/4 times for my Formula.

Quick Reply: LOT (Little OT) 1/4 times for my Formula.