C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 11:50 PM
munday
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subframe connectors

Anyone make em for our cars? One of my shop foremans was telling me it will help quite a bit with twisting of the line?
Old 10-15-2003, 11:58 PM
rgregory
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Re: Subframe connectors (munday)

The car has a full frame, so you you won't find "frame Connectors" for a C3 Vette. This is a common mod to Camaros (have them on my '68) which do not have full frames. I agree there is quite a bit of twisting on C3s.

[Modified by rgregory, 10:59 PM 10/15/2003]
Old 10-16-2003, 08:21 AM
reidry
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Subframe connectors (rgregory)

I noticed that one of the things they did when racing C3's was state of the art was a "triangulated roll cage", this is evident on some of the cars shown at the greenwoodcorvettes site. By welding several vertical members of the cage back to a single point it reduced frame flex more than just a standard cage.

The other mod that increases frame rigidity would be X members between the frame rails, but due to the drive shaft and transmission cross member location this cannot be done in the purest form with our cars. I saw an old post referenced from the Corvettefaq site that had some 3D modeling of a C3 frame and somone was working on the % of torsional rigidity added with each modification.

I in the process of learning 3D CAD and intend to do some 3D stress modeling on my car, but I'm so overtasked with other projects and working ungodly hours I don't know when I will get to it.

Ryan

Get notified of new replies

To Subframe connectors

Quick Reply: Subframe connectors