C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bubba strikes again !

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Bubba strikes again ! (GDaina)

'nuff said :banghead:
Old 03-16-2004, 04:57 AM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Bubba strikes again ! (verskel)

What if Bubba works at a corvette restoration shop :cry My vette started life as a 73 vert. As I understand the history of my car, a computer software company owner had this 73 vette and decided to have the body and interior changed over to look like a 1980 vert. He took the car to a corvette only resto shop in SC where the conversion was performed. Some $20,000 later he had a 1980 vert. They damn near performed a frame off in the conversion process. Eventually the guy trades this car in for something more modern...1996 vert. After the car changed owners several times, I became the owner. At least I was not the guy who paid all that money.

Now you would think a corvette resto shop could do this right....wrong. My 8 year old son could probably do a better job. The list of things done wrong or half butt is too long to publish here. Suffice it to say I would never use this corvette shop. No two bolts match. It looks like they reached into their bolt bucket and just used whatever fit the hole. They did things like leaving off the neutral safety switch and just wired around it. Missing bolts that I just discovered. Overspray of paint on almost everything on the car, parts of wiring harness missing even though they installed new wiring. I just discoved this week that the rear spring is missing all the liners...full metal on metal contact. General reuse of the most rusted parts known to mankind...the list goes on and on. In this case some poor bastard actually paid Bubba to work on this car.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:29 AM
MYBLU71
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Bubba strikes again ! (Cali,68,L-79)

If ya can't fix it.... duck it! :jester

Quick Reply: Bubba strikes again !