C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How strong is JBWeld?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 01:43 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,927 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Default Re: How strong is JBWeld? (Enkil)

JB Weld is like a miracle product.. it can be used for anything:

"The rock in our yard would have made a nightmare out of digging post holes for a fence, so we used J-B WELD to bond wooden posts upright to an existing sidewalk. J-B WELD gave us a strong fence, saved hundreds of dollars, and many extra hours of hard labor!"

"My pickup threw a rod and tore a hole in the block. I plugged the hole with large washers bolted together and sealed it with J-B WELD. That was over 50,000 miles ago; still with no loss of oil. Thanks for a remarkable product!"

"I'm a welder by trade but find J-B WELD works better and easier on many jobs, like fixing the neck on my truck radiator. I wish other people knew how much J-B WELD could save them!"

See? How can you go wrong...?
Old 05-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Rumpity Rump
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How strong is JBWeld? (lars)

"I'm a welder by trade but find J-B WELD works better and easier on many jobs, like fixing the neck on my truck radiator.'

ME: Well Lars...if its that good of stuff, then , im going to have my Doctor use JB Weld on my slipped disc in my lower back. (I think ill buy some for $4 and bring it with me, so, good ol Doc dont go and bill Medicare $565 for materials rendered) !
:lol:
Old 05-26-2004, 03:11 PM
skeptic
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: How strong is JBWeld? (Enkil)

I've got a couple of small holes in the exhaust manifolds from the air injection stuff breaking loose. Would a bit of JBWeld be strong enough to stop that annoying ticking noise? If not, is there any simple thing I could do (aside from replacing) that would work?
I JBWelded up my exhaust manifold in that exact spot about 5 years ago. It's still holding strong. Oddly enough I JB Welded some door handle parts inside the door of my wifes old Minivan at least 5 times.. Stuff kept braking and crumbling.. I even bought a few different tubes of JB Weld thinking I got a bad tube then a few bad tubes from a bad batch, but none of it would get as hard as it's supposed to. :confused:
Old 05-26-2004, 04:05 PM
81' Corvette Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How strong is JBWeld? (skeptic)

I know when I had a leak at the front of the intake manifold..water. I removed the intake and found "bubble" inperfections from the casting..possibly causing the leak..same area. I prep'd the area and then used JB on it, let is cure and sanded smooth...whala...fix'd the leak and have no problem since! Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: How strong is JBWeld?