Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS 77 4spd in NYS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FS 77 4spd in NYS

Looking to sell my white on red leather close ratio 4spd coupe. Upgraded 16x8 Torque Thrust 2 wheels with new 245-50-16 tires. I am the 3rd owner of this 64K original mile car. Most mechanical work done with new shocks, radiator and U Joints within the past 2 years. Engine rebuilt 8K miles ago with Crane 280 cam, roller rockers, Z28 aluminum intake, high volume oil pump, Jet Stage 2 Quadrajet carb,and 9.5:1 pistons. New clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing at the same time. Runs excellent. New Al Knoch carpeting, seat foams and leather now installed. Alpine CD with Infinity speakers. Original AM/FM/8 track included. Hooker Sidepipes with spiral mufflers. Sounds like a big block with a deep throaty rumble. Looks sharp and turns heads wherever it goes. Asking $9400.00.Addtional pics available
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...oto/Vette1.jpg

Last edited by geoffl; 08-23-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

ttt. I'd rather sell to someone who'll give it a good home than trade it to a dealer. Willing to listen to reasonable offers.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:50 AM
toupstrio
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car pm sent for a friend more information needed.
Originally Posted by geoffl
ttt. I'd rather sell to someone who'll give it a good home than trade it to a dealer. Willing to listen to reasonable offers.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

Default 77 low mile 4 spd

Additional pics

Looking to sell my white on red leather close ratio 4spd coupe. Upgraded 16x8 Torque Thrust 2 wheels with new 245-50-16 tires. I am the 3rd owner of this 64K original mile car. Most mechanical work done with new shocks, radiator and U Joints within the past 2 years. Engine rebuilt 8K miles ago with Crane 280 cam, roller rockers, Z28 aluminum intake, high volume oil pump, Jet Stage 2 Quadrajet carb,and 9.5:1 pistons. New clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing at the same time. Runs excellent. New Al Knoch carpeting, seat foams and leather now installed. Alpine CD with Infinity speakers. Original AM/FM/8 track included. Hooker Sidepipes with spiral mufflers. Sounds like a big block with a deep throaty rumble. Looks sharp and turns heads wherever it goes. Asking $9400.00.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Vetteside.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...o/Vetteint.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Corvette2.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...Vetteradio.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Vetteback.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Corvette2.jpg

Last edited by geoffl; 08-23-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:50 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

how about the brakes? any idea of RWHP, and rear end -- its what I might be looking for - a project to finish with lots of TLC and GO

Len
Old 07-19-2007, 04:58 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

Brakes are good all around. I believe the gears are 3.08's or 3.55's I'll have to check. Not sure what came with M21's then. I guess around 325 hp at the crank. Never been on a dyno. It is a quick, response set up that runs on pump gas and runs nice and cool. Feel free to pm me or call 518-265-4025 with additional questions. I want to move it soon if possible.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:04 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

hi
Do you have VIN, is that a Hurst i see in side, guages work
body straight, piant looks rather new any idea of when done,any cracks in the glass, roofs tight -- I am interested - not fishin or wasting your time
Was engine work done professionally? Think orginal HP was about 250?

what else needs to be done to it besides the normal vette buying neat stuff
Old 07-19-2007, 07:17 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

You can see well. It is a Hurst Competition Plus shifter with T handle. I don't believe it has been repainted ever. I have had it for going on 6 years. Carpets are worn and the driver seat is showing some wear, but all the new carpets and upholstery goes with it. Interior is still quite presentable. New map pocket was installed (last week) and I also have the carpeting for the lower door eges which is faded. I have 1 rose colored T Top somewhere for it but never found the matching side. It came with louvers on the back window which I removed but still have. I guess it was a 70's thing. The brackets for them are still in place. It will need T Top seals on the drivers side, but it is never out in the rain so it hasn't been done yet. It was an original L48 engine, block and heads still original. Stock I think they rated it at 180hp. Engine was professionally done locally by someone who builds drag motors and has done it for 30+ years. I had him build it to a mild spec. Nice lope at idle, sounds like a big block with the spiral mufflers in the sidepipes. Cam and roller rockers are Crane, carb was a Jet Performance stage 2, and the pistons were good quality as well. Compression is about 9.5:1.Mechanically there is honestly nothing I can think of that it needs. Radiator and gas shocks done 2 years ago, 4 wheel alignment and new tires 200 or so miles ago. It runs really well. There are 2 spots on the paint, both less than a dime in diameter. One where the front bumper and fender meet there is a dent of sorts. The other is a spot about 1/4"x 1/2" where the paint chipped off where the rear bumper and deck meet on the passenger side. Otherwise the body is mint.I can get some pictures if you'd like. I loved this car and took really good care of it since I have had it. Regular oil and filter changes twice a summer regardless of mileage and stored in October through mid to late April. If you want pictures of the two spots send me a PM with your email address and I'll send those and the VIN. The headers and sidepipes were Jet Hot coated and do sometimes show surface rust. I use a metal polish to remove it. I am considering sandblasting them and putting on a high temp silver paint to end it once and for all. I don't know what else to tell you unless you have specific questions. I want to sell it and buy a Z06, but I'd prefer it went to someone who will take care of it. Kind of a weird settiment for a machine, but the car has always treaded me well. Also have the original AM / FM / 8 track for it although the Alpine deck is in dash now. Come see and drive it. You won't be dispappointed. All gauges work except for the clock.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt will be in touch
Old 07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Pls send vin, where are u located in NY - is there rust on the body??

Would you let your mom drive it from NY to IL we can arrange a way to get here...

Man dont want to bicker but it seems high $$
Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

vin should have 17 digets --just want to check that out and i can fly there... how close are you to rochester?? have a relative there - can make things happen -- you in Z06 yours next to my 01
let me know
Old 07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

Took it off the insurance card last night when I got home. I can read it off the car when I get home Wednesday night. 4 hrs from Rochester east on the NYS Thruway. Haven't gotten the Z06 yet, Will be finalizing that over the next 10 days or so.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt moving you up
Old 08-13-2007, 11:00 AM
z06lvr
Instructor

Default vin number

lenbal--you said the vin should have 17 digets -- no-- pre 1982 its 15 thats why car faxes on older cars dont work. its the old style vin sequence. notice on EBAY it says "is the car you are listing older than 1981?" if so then u dont need to list the VIN because it was before an official format was formed. just an fyi........
Old 08-14-2007, 05:13 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

hi
What is nearest air port for me to fly into
email me think i lost your phone nunber

Len
Old 08-14-2007, 06:00 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

Albany NY is the closest. Southwest is typically the cheapest in and out of Albany. Cell is 518-265-4025.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:31 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

hi
Can you send pics of behind rear wheels and is there any rust on the underneath
Len

Get notified of new replies

To FS 77 4spd in NYS

Old 08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
geoffl
Melting Slicks

Behind the rear wheels on the frame? No rust on frame. Let me know what exactly you want a picture of and I'll take it.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

so frame is rust free - it might be mid sept before I can ge there -
Just checking to see if undercariage is rust free -tought doing this over email and not seeing it

Airline prices are way up there $500 a rd trip - then shipping should be $1200
Len
Old 08-23-2007, 05:05 PM
lenbal
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt

Quick Reply: FS 77 4spd in NYS