Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 69' 427/390hp 4spd coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:04 AM
gedupont
Hobbyist
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell me more about the 1959 w/ZZ4.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by gedupont
Tell me more about the 1959 w/ZZ4.
Actually, the 59' already sold and the customer has already picked it up and started enjoying it.

Basically it was just a cruiser we built, it wasn't an original car so we built what we wanted. We did a frame off on it. It was turquoise and white(like the 57 belaire colors) had a cowl hood, billet wheels etc. The drivetrain was a ZZ4, M22 and a 9" ford with 4.11s. We put disc brakes on it and pretty much the entire car was brand new. The interior was black with blk/grey tweed seats in the factory patterns. The car won a ton of local shows and we enjoyed it for the 15-16yrs we had it. Sucks we had to sell it but it brought $44k which I thought was pretty good for a non original car.....just a nice clean street car.

Once the 69' sells(still waiting on the transfer, should be here by the end of the week they tell us, its coming from Sweden and apparently that takes a little longer?) we will decide if we can hang on to the 67' coupe. We are trying to not sell that one if possible.

Thanks for all the interest guys!!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Here is the only pic I had of the 59.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Here is the 1970 SS350 Nova project we will probably be selling also. This one is all original and numbers matching. The engine is rebuilt and in the car now since this pic was taken. Probably put this one over on the Nova forum for sale...... THIS SUCKS... This one doesn't need much to be finished...maybe a month's worth of work and the final color sand and buff on the paint...

Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM
a560156
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midaoutlaw
I've been sending and receiving wire transfers overseas for nearly 30 years. Worst case scenario, you will have the funds deposited into your USA bank account within 5 business banking days. If the car does not sell, give me a call. Best of luck.
Todd @ 804-652-7258
I have never heard of wired funds needing to "clear"? A check, yes, a wire, no. Either it is there or it isn't. "Clear" thru where? Sounds like to me, but I've only been doing this 30 years.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:19 PM
raclaims
Intermediate

I deal with international wires all the time...and it does take a few days to "clear"...basically the money needs to move from bank to bank and at times there are delays...but once your bank says it's there...it's there.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
a560156
Drifting

Originally Posted by raclaims
I deal with international wires all the time...and it does take a few days to "clear"...basically the money needs to move from bank to bank and at times there are delays...but once your bank says it's there...it's there.
With all due respect, that is untrue. It is an electronic transaction that occurs instantly. Once it occurs it is in the Bank, but because someone is at lunch or on break or vacation or whatever it is not pulled from the incoming wire account and assigned to the ultimate account where it should be credited. It is not "clearing" anything. Additionally, the sending Bank most likely has not sent it when they said they did due to the same employee screwing around or as you refer to it "delays".
Old 07-09-2008, 10:19 PM
dudenhoeffer
Cruising

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Thanks Todd...

The way it was going to work was, the people that want to buy the car, are getting the money wired to THEIR USA. bank account, then they will bring us the cash or cashiers check. We are not dealing with the wire directly.

Thanks for everyone's patience and advice!
I deal with foreign wire transfers all the time at work and this makes no sense to me. It seems like an unnecessary step in doing business.

Once your bank confirms the money has been deposited into YOUR account, the sending party cannot take it back without your consent. Keep in mind that there is a time period before the wire transfer or check will clear (you can find out from your bank how long the processing will take).

I'd be a little leery here and make sure make sure any check or payment they give you clears YOUR bank (may take more than a few days with it being foreign) before you hand them the keys.

It's a gorgeous car and I hope the sale is on the "up and up". I wish you the best of luck.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
dudenhoeffer
Cruising

Originally Posted by a560156
With all due respect, that is untrue. It is an electronic transaction that occurs instantly. Once it occurs it is in the Bank.
I think words are just being meshed. The most important thing is that your bank sends you a written statement informing you that a wire transfer has occurred and the funds have been deposited into your account. You are correct in that the money is than instantly available, but only after your bank confirms it.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Default 69 Vette Is Sold......

Gentleman,

Thank you for all of your help, interest and offers. The 69' vette has sold. The fellas from Sweden brought us a Bank of America cashiers check and picked up the car today. They drove it off and will be shipping it to Norway.

Thanks again for all of your patience!

PS....if anyone is intersted the 70 SS Nova above, PM me. We may be selling it also.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:11 AM
2000HdTp
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Please PM me regarding the Nova, your PM box is full and will not accept any more PM's. Thanks
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 659 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by a560156
With all due respect, that is untrue. It is an electronic transaction that occurs instantly. Once it occurs it is in the Bank, but because someone is at lunch or on break or vacation or whatever it is not pulled from the incoming wire account and assigned to the ultimate account where it should be credited. It is not "clearing" anything. Additionally, the sending Bank most likely has not sent it when they said they did due to the same employee screwing around or as you refer to it "delays".
I have also been doing wire transfers in my business for over 15 years and there are delays especially in the Japanese bank system. But I have had delays with South Africa also. There can be changes in currency that cause delays as well as other factors and many banks internationally will hold onto all transfers until they feel like releasing the money, at least that is there excuse. Because you have not experienced a delay does not mean they do not happen, they do. And it is the overseas bank holding up the funds, wether they are allowed to or not there is nothing that can be done. Its never more than 3 days and its not all countries. I have had no problem with Italy, France, Germany and most of Europe. I have had delays with wires with both receiving and transmitting with Japan and SA. I have had no delays with Western Union but with so many scams involving them I put my own delays on clearing funds.

If a Intrntl' bank wants to hold your money a few days there is very little that can be done.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
crossram
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the sale

Quick Reply: FS: 69' 427/390hp 4spd coupe