Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F/S 1979 Corvette L82 $9900 [TX]

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 08:08 PM
1979-Vette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1979 Corvette L82 $9900 [TX]

Background: In Feb 2011, this Corvette was purchased from the mother of a member of our church for $8000. It was not running at the time as the previous owner had a significant portion of the wiring disassembled as part of his restoration. Up to the time of the purchase, the previous owner had invested over $30,000 in the car (documented receipts). He had pre-purchased most of the items needed to complete the restoration, so there are 8 boxes of inventoried mostly new and some used corvette parts ready to be installed to finish it. When the Corvette was purchased, the goal was to restore it to its original state. It was taken to a corvette restoration shop with a long list of repair items in March 2011. Eight (8) months and $16,943 later in November 2011, it was a completely mechanically sound corvette. The car was totally rewired with new harnesses throughout, the brakes were repaired, the A/C was fixed, a new gas tank was installed, new windshield put in and many, many other repairs were made. At this point, I have $25,843 invested in the car and it still needs minor body work on the rear bumper, a paint job and a radio system. It is purposely not painted because it is assumed that whoever buys the car can paint it whatever color they want.

Why Sell: You may be wondering why it is being sold with so much invested. Since purchased our family has moved twice. There are 5 children in the family and between the family and a demanding job my priorities have changed. And to top it off my home was partly flooded twice in Apr and May 2016 with no flood insurance. So funds are needed to cover some flood expenses.

Current Status: The car is in great shape mechanically and everything works including A/C. There had been an issue with the temperature gauge showing the engine to run hot. Two automotive shops checked it out and they both said the issue is with the temperature sending unit and gauge itself. Both shops used infrared thermometers on the engine and it showed that the engine was not running hot even though the gauge showed it to be running hot. Just to be upright on this issue, I had the water pump replaced to improve the coolant circulation. Some rust on the chrome side pipes, otherwise the car is in great shape mechanically and everything works.

Considering the investment in the car, the asking price is $9,900. Note that several thousand dollars of parts come with the car. If you are interested please contact me as indicated below. I will only accept Cash, Postal Money Order, or take a personal check to my bank and clear it before releasing the car.

Call or Text Mobile: (281) 757-4272
Attached Images          
Old 02-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Sluefoot
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Sent you a text a few minutes ago.

Quick Reply: F/S 1979 Corvette L82 $9900 [TX]