Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Please help...WTB 69/70 restomod

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Prostreeter1
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
ProStreeter,

If you wouldnt mind sharing some of the web links where you were looking for your car, i'd appreciate it. I have found some decent links, but I'm sure there are some quality cars out there that I'm missing.

Thank you, and congrats on your new ride!

Well, I looked in all the usual places such as the for sale section here, Ebay, Craigslist and all the dealer ads throughout the country and really found nothing that caught my absolute interest.

The way I found this car was go to Google image and write in "C3 restomod/custom". Brings up hundreds of images. I would look at cars that I like, would find the owner thru lots of internet search and ask them if its for sale.

I found 3 cars of interest to me that way. My car is a 68 and to be honest, the picking were slim. Not many 68,69,70 restomods out there.

I chose this one because of what it is, what it has, what it will be when I'm finished with it, frame off build and quality parts that were used to build this car. I can tell you with utmost honesty and I'm a very good judge of it, the paint on the car is outstanding. Whoever painted the car knew exactly what they were doing but one area of the bodyworks sucks but that can and will be fixed this winter.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your search
The following users liked this post:
WA 2 FST (08-24-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Prostreeter1
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
ProStreeter,

If you wouldnt mind sharing some of the web links where you were looking for your car, i'd appreciate it. I have found some decent links, but I'm sure there are some quality cars out there that I'm missing.

Thank you, and congrats on your new ride!

I know of one you may be interested in in Hollywood, Fl. I found that one through Google image, found the owner to see if he would sell it and he said he would if the price was right.

He said he had 100k into it, body on restoration who would do that?

Anyway, he was a 70k and my high offer was 65k. He accepted that however I told him I'm extremely busy with work and will send out a vehicle inspector and if it passes my critera I'll buy it.

The inspector took a look at it and said the body and paint was superior. The pooch of a 427 and under carriage was the deal breaker for me....I passed. In my opinion its a 40k car.

I can forward you his comprehensive report and 91 pics if you might be interested. I don't think he'd accept what its worth though.

There are very few out there for sale, this one is a project in my opinion and I really didn't want a project. I don't mind an engine swap but didn't want to get into a full undercarriage resto.

I paid 400.00 for the report and will gladly forward it to you if you might be interested in that car.
The following users liked this post:
WA 2 FST (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:32 AM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Yeah, I'm not paying anywhere close to $65k for a car that needs work. The only reason for buying it and not doing one myself is to save money...get someone else's toy they are bored with.

There is a '72 on here in Oklahoma that looks good (but how many times do pics show the level of detail a buyer needs?), and he's asking $49k. It's an LS1/6-speed car.

I certainly don't mind doing a little work myself with the car to make it my own, but for $65-70k, it better be a 500+hp powerplant, all new everything.

Thanks for your offer. I don't think that is a car I'd be interested in. Glad you found yours!!

Quick Reply: WTB: Please help...WTB 69/70 restomod