Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

LT1 longtube headers...who's do you have and...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 10:50 AM
MinnesotaWhite
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lichen
I dynoed at 281 RWHP, so I guess I gained about 20 hp?
281? I dynoed two years ago at 274 rwhp...have you ever had the car dyno tuned after your additions?

My only "mods" will be open air lid, long tubes, Corsa's, and a dyno tune (I won it, so what the heck)...all the guys that do dyno tunes around here always claim they could get 10 HP just from tuning a stock car.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Strick
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MinnesotaWhite
281? I dynoed two years ago at 274 rwhp...have you ever had the car dyno tuned after your additions?

My only "mods" will be open air lid, long tubes, Corsa's, and a dyno tune (I won it, so what the heck)...all the guys that do dyno tunes around here always claim they could get 10 HP just from tuning a stock car.

Every dyno and every run will produce different readings.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MinnesotaWhite

Yea, my dyno numbers were pretty strange - later found out that my tranmission is dying (slipping badly at WOT). Warranty will fix it and then I'll have it dynoed again.

Yes, EM did the whole exhaust system for me LT, RT cats, and 3" B&B catback. I can't remember what I paid, I'm thinking about $1300 or so. Check out their website or call Merle at 480-967-4223.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM
MinnesotaWhite
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Strick
Every dyno and every run will produce different readings.
True...they need to be properly setup too...

From my observations of the dyno runs we've done, they all have been within 4 HP of each other when properly set up...and that darn A/F tube is warm
Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 PM
fsr402
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Perfusion
Considering this in an LT1 thread, I'll stay quiet. I'll just say, though, that with your LT1 being a 96, that means auto. That's the *only* thing I've heard about the EM headers being difficult to fit (well, the cats, actually)...the auto trannies make it a much tighter fit in the tunnel.
The EM headers and an Auto fit fine, it's their extention tubes that suck azz. I'm going to be pulling mine back out and welding the two tubes that go from the headers to the Corsa's together and cut the 3 bolt flange off. The flange and bolt is pressed up against my tranny pan.

Other then that I love the headers. I hope to get her on a dyno this summer some time for some numbers.

Quick Reply: LT1 longtube headers...who's do you have and...