C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

LT1 Radiator Quest

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
spinktec
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Radiator Quest

I'm having trouble locating an OEM accurate radiator for my '94 vette with manual transmission. Every radiator I find has a transmisson cooler in it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even the automatics did not have the trans cooler in the radiator. During my quest I expired all aftermarket sources (Autozone, Napa, Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Park Auto) and finally went to the dealer (believe it or not the dealer was the cheapest). Unfortunately, I still ended up with a trans cooler in the radiator. I did a little more checking and found the original GM part number 52460411 is obsolete. As far as I've found GM doesn't show that it has been superceded, it only shows the new GM part number 52473260. See pics

Does anyone have a source for a new radiator without a trans cooler that is not a $400 plus, 3 row, all aluminum, etc., etc.

Last edited by spinktec; 04-26-2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Moving to tech discussion
Old 04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Muffin
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

played around with a site I found thru Google. Said they had three rads for a 91 manual trans. I stopped there because a call to their tech people was the next move. Google is most likely your best bet. If you can't find what you want you can have your old one recored.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,419 Likes on 934 Posts

I believe that all OEM replacement radiators come with the cooler. I bought one from Superior Chevrolet last summer for my '94 six-speed car, and it came with the cooler. I think GM chose to stock only the one replacement part.

Be well,

SJW
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Mekanic
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SJW
I believe that all OEM replacement radiators come with the cooler. I bought one from Superior Chevrolet last summer for my '94 six-speed car, and it came with the cooler. I think GM chose to stock only the one replacement part.

Be well,

SJW
+1, I had to replace one in my 96 a couple months ago and it had the cooler lines.

Get notified of new replies

To LT1 Radiator Quest

Quick Reply: LT1 Radiator Quest