Corvette Speedster C5 Style Hatch Fits 84-96 C4 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
'96 Collector's
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AthensVette
That doesn't even look like a vette.
It's not supposed to. Maybe the notchback element was meant to be reminiscent of Vettes with the 90 degree back window. But that's as far as the similarities go. It's just a clean and sharpe look and a way to have something different. I've owned a few GTA's and that one got a lot of 2nd and 3rd looks. We drove it for 3 years, put about 10k on it(Michigan winters, don't miss'em) and spent less than $500.00 on up-keep. Sold it to the first person to look at it for more then I paid for it. You can't ask any more then that from a car!
Old 08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 400 Likes on 327 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Default Note the disclaimer....

Per C5 West: "Aftermarket fiberglass parts require more time for finishing & fitting than O.E.M. or steel body panels/parts; fiberglass parts may not fit as exact as O.E.M. or steel panels/parts. We all have different degrees of "perfection", therefore, when purchasing fiberglass parts from us, please keep in mind that you'll need to be willing to take the time necessary to finish & fit the part to meet your standards."

Notice the extra effort to pre-address complaints!!!!!!!!! This is code for the part is made like crap. C5West uses molds where they blow resin in a mold. no hand laid fiberglass is added... In a large piece like the hatch, I'm betting warping is a factor. (I talked to the owner several years ago and asked how he made stuff so inexpensively. That's how I know).

The blanket statement that aftermarket always requires more work is false as well and is an indicator of poorer quality. IMO (I have an aftermarket hood that my bodyshop said was as easy to fit as OEM).

Vanacor's is correctly named as the "other company" which make the hatch. Actually, so does ACI. But, I don't like it because I don't think the chopped top line created by the hatch looks right with the streamlined F40 body style. I have seen one of these hatches (from Vanacors) in person. Yuk.

gp
Old 08-14-2007, 12:25 PM
86VX1
Drifting

they look out of place and not form fitting
Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Blak Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by Tommy T-Bone
Made me think of my favorite letter. Y
I don't get it.. those pics on their web site make a couple of what were nice C4's look like $**t
Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 AM
GIJoe
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by aquablue96
Anyone ever turned a coupe into a vert? I read an ad the other day about a 1997 c5 coupe turned vert.
I know a guy that turned two Z06's into "factory correct Verts"
One in red, the other done up exactly like a GrandSport.
VERY cool and unique!

Quick Reply: Corvette Speedster C5 Style Hatch Fits 84-96 C4 Coupe