Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

What do your neighbors think about your Vette ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 AM
malc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My neighbors cant fit in a vette.

The are all porkers, and always come to give me stupid consumer reports articles about reliability,etc. I'd pay a kings ransom to see them squeeze into a C4.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:15 AM
AKS Racing
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dads90
When some of my neighbors come over (for whatever reason) I don't stop what I'm doing. My wife gets all PO'd and calls me rude because I won't stop and just visit. I've been visiting across the street drinking a beer and all of a sudden a thought would come to my mind and I would say " I'll be right back" and go into the garage and pop the hood. My wife would yell at me "give it a rest". I think I've trained everybody in my hood. I can't set long, always tinkering.
You sound like me when I was about 10 yrs younger. All I spent time on was the vettes. I live in a nice area on the N side of Houston. Maybe you might like to see what the neighbors on the N side are like. Very friendly.

Neighbor on the end of the street has been points chanp for 3 yrs running in drag boat class. Another neighbor has a '71 LT1 convertable and brought home a '69 Camaro convertable about 2 months back. Another neighbor has a '74 alcohol, blown drag vette that he just bought.

The neighbors know I drive the C6 regularly, but on Sat / Sun when the '87 starts up, they typically come out to see. That car is just NASTY.

I get a lot more visits from neighbors wanting to see what home improvement projects I have going. Spent the afternoon today welding in the drive, making iron fencing. Finished the pool, bnd I still have yet to complete the steel structure on the garage extension. A 6 car garage really draws the neighbors.

Aaron
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 AM
carolinamountains
Instructor

Originally Posted by axesolo03
while i was dating my high school girlfriend i drove a 94 jeep. After we broke up i bought my Vette, i drove past her and her new boyfriend and the look on her face made me smile ear to ear the rest of the way home.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 AM
carolinamountains
Instructor

Originally Posted by ps374
Im sure they are thinking" That idiot near 60 years old should stop fussing with that stupid car and act like a grown up. He should be remodeling his home like we are, manicuring his lawn as we do with built in sprinklers. He should be siding his home and wearing more fashionalble clothes instead of white dirty T shirts. Cars ,cars cars that all he thinks about. Enough with washing and waxing all those cars in his drivway.And that stupid gigantic sign next to that silly car in his garage that reads Route 66. What an idiot....yea Im sure thats what their thinking

If they dont understand yet, they never will
Old 10-07-2007, 05:25 AM
arandy
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

F. the neighbors. The houses here are all over $1m. and they all drive Japanese cars. It's nice to see 3 Chevy's in one driveway.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:42 AM
ps374
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 4Ever21
Everyone stares when i'm working on my vette, I always get asked whats wrong with it now? When theres nothing really wrong, i'm just messing with stuff or adding parts, etc. Nobody works on their own cars in my neighborhood, mostly old people. There is a guy down the street that drives nothing but Fords and he is a real *****.
Envy makes people do strange things.Put yourself in his shoes. Your driving some hollow sounding Mustang and your neighbor owns a nice shinny Corvette.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:38 PM
jakers
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by ps374
Envy makes people do strange things.Put yourself in his shoes. Your driving some hollow sounding Mustang and your neighbor owns a nice shinny Corvette.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

My neighbors have never said squat to me about my LT-4. Either they don't give a rat's *** or they dislike me personally. Oh well.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
mguerra
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Let's see...
My neighbor across the street has a 94 Vert...next door to her is an 87 coupe...the neighbor across the street from him has a 05 coupe.

It's a beautiful thing!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM
AKS Racing
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two of my Vettes. Pretty tame...

One of the neignbors....

Another neighbor....

There are others, but I don't have pics of all of them.

People in my area seem to understand.
Aaron
Old 10-10-2007, 06:09 AM
blondeparadox
Cruising

Default gawky dogwalkers

Jolie, my '87, just draws gawks from the dog walkers. I just got her a week ago, and live in a terrific neighborhood, albeit too quiet . She's my first, and I try (very) hard not to torment the quiet with her fierce silky purr. I don't drive her much yet...still getting to know her....but my husband says every beautiful blond deserves a Corvette of her own. Mighty cool, he is. He complains about the relative difficulty of getting in and out of Jolie, as well as the lack of long-haul comfort...but I love how close she sits to the ground and how the seats just wrap around you, and I'll give up a little comfort for THAT kind a handling. He's a bit nervous about me handling all that power --- and I just love the speed a BIT too much.

We're thinking of taking my Vette to (BACK to, you might say) Bowling Green for Christmas with my family...about 1500 miles, round trip. Anyone have an opinion on such a long trip? She doesn't even have 75,000 miles yet...what about the comfort factor? Anyone?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:09 AM
jughead1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod
I've had some of my neighbors stop by and compliment me on my car. Never had any negative comments.

Having just sold one of the three that they've seen tinkering with for quite some time...I been asked repeatedly when I'm going to bring home another? Once my wife was standing there when the question was asked and I turned to see her standing there kind of like this... Naturally..being the long married, silver tongued devil that I am I replied that "two are enough". She didn't here the "for now" I muttered under my breath as she walked off. Age and hard earned experience have helped me to choose WHERE I do my battles.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:08 PM
mdlfcrss
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blondeparadox
Jolie, my '87, just draws gawks from the dog walkers. I just got her a week ago, and live in a terrific neighborhood, albeit too quiet . She's my first, and I try (very) hard not to torment the quiet with her fierce silky purr. I don't drive her much yet...still getting to know her....but my husband says every beautiful blond deserves a Corvette of her own. Mighty cool, he is. He complains about the relative difficulty of getting in and out of Jolie, as well as the lack of long-haul comfort...but I love how close she sits to the ground and how the seats just wrap around you, and I'll give up a little comfort for THAT kind a handling. He's a bit nervous about me handling all that power --- and I just love the speed a BIT too much.

We're thinking of taking my Vette to (BACK to, you might say) Bowling Green for Christmas with my family...about 1500 miles, round trip. Anyone have an opinion on such a long trip? She doesn't even have 75,000 miles yet...what about the comfort factor? Anyone?
Damn, I was packing my bags and heading to NC until I re-read the part about your husband , oh well, he sure sounds like one lucky guy!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Rohn
Pro

I live in a single family ranch condo complex. narrow streets.

my Vette has a larger than average cam, real dual pipes, no cat, with Hooker Aerochambers. It is a bit loud. Lucky for them I dont drive late at night.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Rohn
Pro

I live in a single family ranch condo complex. narrow streets.

my Vette has a larger than average cam, real dual pipes, no cat, with Hooker Aerochambers. It is a bit loud. Lucky for them I dont drive late at night.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:12 PM
5speedC4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blondeparadox

I just took my 1988 corvette from NW Arkansas to Corpus Christi TX and back. That was 1600 miles.

It was very comfortable. I could have driven the 800 miles; one way journy, in one shot easily if I had felt like it.

As it was I drove 300 miles the first day and 500 miles the second day.

My corvette has 108,000 miles on it.

Very very comfortable.

If your car has been well maintained you will be in good shape.

Good luck on that.

Last edited by 5speedC4; 10-10-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:04 PM
wake
Race Director

I get lots of comments about how clean it is and how the black GS replicas really set off the white paint...

Quick Reply: What do your neighbors think about your Vette ?