Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 06:57 AM
Mylzi
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ??

Are you just Corvette fan or Chevy fan..
Old 12-06-2001, 09:11 AM
vallini
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (Mylzi)

I am not a brand snob so I like all cars. Chevy has the Corvette and the trucks but with the demise of the Camaro & making all of the rest of their cars front wheel drive they have lost a future customer in me. I do not want a FWD car & if GM keeps styling their cars like the Impala, Aztek, Cadillac CTS & Monte Carlo they definitely are not getting me as a future buyer.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:14 AM
Ed Ut
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (Mylzi)

I like Corvettes strictly. In fact, I am not a fan of American built cars of any type. I feel the quality of Japanese and German is far superior. I love my vette for its uniqueness, styling, and speed. I think we all agree that they are not the highest quality vehicles. My other two daily drivers are Japanese.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:41 AM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Camaro too...1967 to about 1970 to be exact. I want to get a 67 or a 68 with maybe a 350 or 327; hooked up to an automatic. Good cruising car with gobs of reliable SIMPLE power. I have a 350 shortblock, rebuilt, sitting in the garage, aching to be put into a Camaro chassis. Someday, when funds and time allow. :chevy

[Modified by GRX, 5:42 AM 12/6/2001]
Old 12-06-2001, 09:48 AM
GRX
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (Ed Ut)

I like Corvettes strictly. In fact, I am not a fan of American built cars of any type. I feel the quality of Japanese and German is far superior. I love my vette for its uniqueness, styling, and speed. I think we all agree that they are not the highest quality vehicles. My other two daily drivers are Japanese.
Ed Ut, I like chevys, although I am aware of there design shortcomings. I've worked on VWs all my life and I can tell you, design wise, those germans are playing in left field. I've worked on Mercedes, and they are a wee bit better but still, exotic designs are employed, when simpler, stronger design solutions should have been employed. I think the Japanese have the act together when it comes to designing/buliding cars. I have be honest, they know what thay are doing. I've worked on Toys and Datsuns (remeber when thay where called DATSUNS!) and the design was there. Good quality of parts too. Sorry for the rambling, but that morning coffee just kicked in! :chevy
Old 12-06-2001, 10:13 AM
Nathan Plemons
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I like Chevy, for their trucks and Corvettes. Truth be told I won't own a one of their small cars, they are just junk.

That being said I wouldn't drive ANY of the small cars, import or domestic. I just don't like pure underpowered crap. If I can't have my Corvette then give me a V-8 Chevy pickup. I can use a pickup truck for things, one of the most practical vehicles for me personally.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:26 AM
2HIP4U
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have respect for the Z-28 (SS in particular), but no abiding
love for Chevy in general. (no pun intended). The Corvette is the
only product of their's I would purchase.

:seeya
Old 12-06-2001, 10:28 AM
War Machine
Le Mans Master

Location: Airport Cruise-in 1 Veteran Airport Cruise-in 2 Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

I am hooked on the :chevy . Too many bad experiences with the other American makes.
Old 12-06-2001, 11:16 AM
INMYBLOOD
Le Mans Master

Location: The problem is all inside your head she said to me.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not a brand snob as long as it is a :flag make. We have two Chevys and two GMC's. I don't care for the rice makes at all. I don't care about all the hype bla bla bla reliability BS bla bla. When I get in my vechicle tomorrow and turn the key I will be proud I have never or will never own rice :flag
Old 12-06-2001, 12:04 PM
Bones LT1
Pro

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (INMYBLOOD)

I've had many a GM car.
I've had one Japanese car a 70 240 Z really weak car. I liked the looks but it was under powered and it broke.
One was enough for me, never again.
All cars reflect there lack of care, GM, Ford, Honda, Toyota, etc.
Drive any new car well and take care of it and you'll get good service from it.
An American teenager with a lead foot can destroy any Japanese car with ease.
It takes them longer to kill an American car.

As far as Japanese cars being better than American its all hype.
When there are no more American cars those who helped destory the industry will be the first to say they were the best.

In my opinion Mercedes is the bench mark for automotive perfection.
At 55k a car they should drive themselves.

1 Corvette 1 Mercedes no japos.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:05 PM
jay17
Burning Brakes

I like the Camaro SS, but that's about it.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:12 PM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I like all cars. I think that each manufacturer has at least one model that I would like to own.
I am not strictly into Corvettes.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:34 PM
Illini Steve
Drifting

Personally, I think the rest of Chevy's car offerings suck. Camaro is a great pony car, but is about to go. The Impala is an insult to its name, as is the Monte Carlo. Next to Pontiac, Chevy has the worst stylists in the industry (excepting the Corvette/Camaro studio).

I do like Chevy's trucks though. A Trailblazer under the Christmas tree would be a REAL NICE SURPRISE!
Old 12-06-2001, 02:48 PM
35th
Drifting

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (Illini Steve)

I have the Vette and an Astro Van. Don't like ricer's so I went with the VW. :cheers:
Old 12-06-2001, 02:59 PM
Corvette Kid 92
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (vallini)

I am indifferent for other chevys but i really like the corvette :cool:
Old 12-06-2001, 03:34 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 139 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I "like" a lot of cars..... I LOVE my vette.... nuff' said.. :D
Old 12-06-2001, 06:12 PM
04Z16
Melting Slicks

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Only one word for cars spoke in our house :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ??

Old 12-06-2001, 07:53 PM
jlbruggeman
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (96GrandSport)

Corvette is the garage queen, dialy drivers are an S-10, Blazer, and Impala. Whenever I trade, or add to the fleet, I look at about everything, go back to the chevies.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:04 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,424 Likes on 1,031 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default Re: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ?? (jlbruggeman)

After driving a Ford Bronco through high school and then a Jeep Cherokee, id have to say that Chevrolet is the best hands down across the product line. But in the SUV's, the original Jeep Wrangler cannot be beat for off-road driving, WHICH IS WHAT SUVS ARE FOR.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:14 PM
Shawn93PoloConv
Racer

I love a lot of cars. Personal favorites are the Impala SS (90's era), Regal Grand National, and yes, the Viper, not to mention just about any exotic. :cool:

Quick Reply: Do you guys like other Chevrolet cars too or just Corvette ??