C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Hard Starting??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Donne Trav
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hard Starting??

1st, its not the STARTER. When first starting in the AM, it kind of putters slowly.
Then the putter quickens and its starts.The next start, it cranks for 6 to 10 seconds, very fast (normal) then turns over. After starting and running, it runs as it should - NO MISSES & NORMAL power. By the way, the fuel filter has not been changed since I had the car (2000) Yeah, I know. But, I have changed the air filter though. Thanks you all.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Da Mail Man
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Donne Trav
1st, its not the STARTER. When first starting in the AM, it kind of putters slowly.
Then the putter quickens and its starts.The next start, it cranks for 6 to 10 seconds, very fast (normal) then turns over. After starting and running, it runs as it should - NO MISSES & NORMAL power. By the way, the fuel filter has not been changed since I had the car (2000) Yeah, I know. But, I have changed the air filter though. Thanks you all.
...i have similar problems that i "live' with, however, before you get "whacked" on your post for not changing the filter, i'd do the obvious first and CHANGE IT...
Old 06-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 1,021 Likes on 474 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I have a similar problem as well. I just got the car a week ago and it was not doing this with the first tank of gas, so I'm thinking it might be where I got gas last. I also had some iso-propanol in the gas tank with the first tank of gas due to some water in the gas so maybe that made it more "normal" starting.

I found another link here on the forum and it talks about the fuel relay or something as well. I'm just going to take a wait and see and hope I don't get stranded somewhere

I have yet to check the air filter, but will be doing that tonight since this just started yesterday for me.

Try using "fuel start" in the search and see what you come up with as there seems to be alot out there. It could be about anything from what I read, spark plugs, opti, fuel system, injecters...the lists goes on and on depending on the thread, but there was also alot of good troubleshooting in the threads.

Let me know what you find out.

Last edited by Garret; 06-30-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hard Starting??

Quick Reply: Hard Starting??