C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

88 TPI vacuum problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:23 PM
superspeeder
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 TPI vacuum problems

I have a 88 TPI. I recently disassembled the plenum, runners, intake, distributor and throttle body. Now I put them back together and I have a loose vacuum end
Maybe you guys can help me out. I put some pictures here. Maybe you notice something whats wrong with my L98 vacuum lines. When I fired it up it rumbled when idling, but I think its because timing isn't right.

Removed my thread to Tech/Perf. section

Last edited by superspeeder; 03-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Thomas6614
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superspeeder
I have a 88 TPI. I recently disassembled the plenum, runners, intake, distributor and throttle body. Now I put them back together and I have a loose vacuum end
Maybe you guys can help me out. I put some pictures here. Maybe you notice something whats wrong with my L98 vacuum lines. When I fired it up it rumbled when idling, but I think its because timing isn't right.

Removed my thread to Tech/Perf. section
The loose line should run under the plenum in front of the distributor to the rear vacuum fitting on the passenger side of the plenum.

The line from the fuel pressure regulator should run to the next fitting over where you currently have it connected. (closer to the front of the motor).

Not sure where the origination of the other vac line is that you will now have to find a home for (it almost looks like the EGR connection...but I can see the EGR is hooked up)

Hope that helps and doesn't make things worse.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:55 AM
AGENT 86
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like more than a loose end.
That check valve tee in first pic, belongs at the back of motor. The IN side of check valve is fed from a line going to nipple on pass side plenum. The two outs from check valve go to vacuum storage tank line( and cruise if you have it) and HVAC line coming out of large wire harness, at back of motor.
The second vacuum port on pass side plenum, goes to a "Y" , one side of "Y" to fuel reg, the other to A.I.R. solenoids beside AC compressor.
Small nipple under TB goes to EGR solenoid beside thermo housing.

Get notified of new replies

To 88 TPI vacuum problems

Quick Reply: 88 TPI vacuum problems