C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Combo question time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
CRVETTE92
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Combo question time.

Problem 1. My driver side headlight has a little lazy eye going on. It opens and closes right. The issue is when it is closed there is a half inch play where you can move it with your finger and its resting point leaves it slightly open as opposed to the passenger headlight that remains locked in the closed position. The motor seems find. Nothing on the motor moves when i press down on the headlight cover. Could it be the headlight frame?

Problem 2. My steering wheel has a little play in it. If i pull down on it, it moves.

92 LT1 6Spd, 114,000 miles
Old 09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

1. I'd strongly suspect the headlight bushings if you've never replaced them. It's a very common issue. Eventually it'll get bad enough that the motor will turn but the light will not. All the parts suppliers sell a bushing kit. There are three per headlight assembly. Do a search here and I'm sure there will be instructions for replacing them. It's not too bad a job but it took me an afternoon to do both sides.

2. Mine does that. I've read about it and believe it's very common. I don't worry about it, although I think it can be fixed if you're willing to take apart the steering column.

Quick Reply: Combo question time.