Can you list the supplier or rebuilder ande their phone or web site

Thanks,
Ray
Old 09-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Circuit board artist is Mr John Gardner in Center Valley, PA. He prefers email and he has authorized me to put this on Corvette forum. jtandjudyg@aol.com If you have a tachometer circuit board issue, contact him for eval and an address, he will give you an estimate on the job and tell you how to get it to him. Additionally he lists on ebay, but I haven't been able to find his store.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Pop Evans
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Opihi59
The Circuit board artist is Mr John Gardner in Center Valley, PA. He prefers email and he has authorized me to put this on Corvette forum. jtandjudyg@aol.com If you have a tachometer circuit board issue, contact him for eval and an address, he will give you an estimate on the job and tell you how to get it to him. Additionally he lists on ebay, but I haven't been able to find his store.
I agree, John is a great guy to work with and he's honest.
Regards Pop
Old 09-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Pop Evans
I agree, John is a great guy to work with and he's honest.
Regards Pop
A very fine gentleman, very responsive, courteous and an honest broker. I was very fortunate to have found him through you folks, and we exchanged numerous emails. I have always been amazed and impressed with the people I meet on these forums, just some wonderful people who are dedicated to their vehicles and supportive of anyone else with a problem with their particular vehicle. The collective knowledge available is essentially limitless. I am also (more) active on Jeepforum under the same name, and have discovered there are many helpful and great people out there who spend hours helping out their fellow man.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:22 AM
eandmy
Intermediate

thank you for the help, i'll do my best to fix this problem, i'm far from being
wire smart, retired teamster but i'll try
eandmy
Old 02-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Marvyn741
4th Gear

I sent John my tach circuit board and he had it back to me in working condition in just a few days, great job John.

One thing you have to make sure of is to tell him if your tach is an LT4, 8000 RPM. I didn't and he calibrated it as a 6000 RPM. He offered to re-calibrate it for free but I had the proper resistors to do it myself.

Marv - Tampa
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Cary Lamari
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar issue with my 1991 corvette. Could you please send me a email with the name and telephone number of the electronic company that repaired your board?
Also how much did it end up costing for the repair? I sure would love to get my tach working again. It jumps to 1000 when I turn the key to accessory then pegs to 6,000 at start up and then drops to zero.
Thank You Cary Lamari
carylamari@yahoo.com
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Marvyn741
4th Gear

Default Tach repair

His name is John Gardner from Center Valley, PA.
Contact him at jtandjudyg@aol.com
I believe it was $50 back when I had mine done but those Integrated Circuit chips are getting scarce.
He prefers that you take the circuit board off of the back of your cluster and mail just that. Shipping is cheaper and there's less chance of damage to the gauges.
Mine is still working great after almost 2 years.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Cary Lamari
Heel & Toe

Default Many Thanks

Thank you, I am planning a road trip to florida in January when I get back I will contact him and send him the cluster board. You are a champ. This forum is a real treasure, I have learned a lot here and met some real Gents, you included. Have a wonderful Newyear and enjoy your ride.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm grateful someone sent me a PM, I get email notices of PM, but I did not get an email notice of new activity in my thread. Since it has been 2 years, hopefully the contact information is still good. For me in '10 it was only $50 and whatever it was to mail the package. Hopefully you get your problem solved.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Cary Lamari
Heel & Toe

opihi59, I hope he still repairs tachs, I plan on sending him a email near the end of the month and will post what happens. I al grateful that we have this forum and that experienced corvette owners are here to help us out. Corvettes are cool and from what I have seen there is always a trick to repair them the right way and it takes experience to learn those tricks and this forum is a wealth of experience. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

What I would suggest doing is to send him an email now, it could take a few days to get a response, and you can plan from there. At least if he's still doing this work--I bet he is.......post back in with your experience so we can all send him business.

I figured how to set up my preferences so I got email notification of your post. Woo hoo!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Cary Lamari
Heel & Toe

Opihi59, I sent John Gardiner a email today and he responded saying he still repairs the Dash clusters, he only charges $50.00 plus shipping which in my opion is more a service to Corvette owners than compensation and he will fix it and send the cluster right back. John Gardiner lives in Center Valley Pennsylvania. I plan on taking the dash apart the first week in February. if you or marvyn have instructions or maybe pictures on how to take the dash cluster board out I would appreciate the help. Should be an adventure. Thanks to both you and marvyn for being super Crovette owners.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

Pictures and explanation contained within this thread, let me know if you have problems. Page 1, posts 15 and 16. Real straightforward, no mysteries.

John Gardiner is an asset for the forum, he's a good fellow to work with and very skilled in electronics repair such as this.

Last edited by Opihi59; 01-02-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Next instrument cluster task

So tomorrow, I get to yank the instrument cluster once again, this time to replace the polarizing film over the LCD plate. My display has faded significantly, and looking into it further I found the solution, and the contact for the parts. Too bad I can't just buy the entire LCD new off ebay, but the supply of those ran out. Now you have to scrape off the old polarizing film front and back, and replace them. Woo hoo.........

NOT
Old 06-11-2015, 07:21 AM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Great thread and very informative.

I found a lot of good information on batee.com as well.

Please post as much as you can on the film replacement.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kg4fku
Great thread and very informative.

I found a lot of good information on batee.com as well.

Please post as much as you can on the film replacement.
Well, I didn't take any photos since the website( batee.com ) has a pretty good video on Youtube of the process which I followed pretty strictly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeyw7...ature=youtu.be

At any rate if the link doesn't work, it's on his site under his DIY page. If he does his repair on that video in real-time and not TV-time, then he is mighty quick with the job. I spent about 2 1/2 hours just removing the film from both sides of the LCD plate, and getting it clean enough to install the new polarizing sheets and the factory graphic. All I can say is watch his video about 2 time all the way thru, take notes, and then when you do the repair, play it along and pause/repeat as needed. It is not easy to lay it down without getting small air bubbles under the sheet, so I used a credit card as a squeegee and laid it down slowly, also make sure you get it squared up as you could leave a big gap at the top end of the side, with a big overhang on the other. The factory graphic does cover over a portion of the margin though, so you have room for error in the process. Just take your time and follow the video, get the thing meticulously clean on both sides and treat it as if it were an eggshell. Of course, I'd rather shove Wasabi up my pee-hole than do it again any time soon, but that experience also included taking out and re-installing the instrument cluster and getting all the trim pieces lined up and not breaking anything while baking in the tropical sun/heat, and laying upside down under the dash like a contortionist. The good news is that the LCD display is now very clear and crisp/not faded out.

While I had it out this time, I replaced all the bulbs in the back of the cluster (19 on mine) with new bulbs from Batee.com since they're all 21 years old now. I can't really see if they're all working as it's not dark yet; I'll be annoyed if one didn't work/make proper contact. Now where did I leave that Wasabi?

Get notified of new replies

To 94 Vette Tachometer Problems

Old 06-12-2015, 03:24 AM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

I completely understand. I don't even want to think about having to get under that dash.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:28 AM
jaymitchell01
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Thanks for this thread...

Thanks so much for this thread. I've got the tach issue on my 91Z, already have the cluster apart, so now waiting to hear from our beloved tach tech, John Gardner.

Jason
Suffolk, VA
Old 07-04-2016, 10:53 PM
CA1992C4
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

How hard was it to press the instrument panel back in? I'm like a bull in a china shop sometimes and I'm concerned how much pressure I should use to put the panel back into the dash?

Quick Reply: 94 Vette Tachometer Problems