C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

94 Vette Tachometer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is not difficult to press back into the dash. If you are having difficulty, then the connector isn't lining up quite right. This is not due to lack of force, so take your time and get a few good looks at it to be able to see how the connector lines up.
The following users liked this post:
CA1992C4 (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 06:55 PM
CA1992C4
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Opihi59
It is not difficult to press back into the dash. If you are having difficulty, then the connector isn't lining up quite right. This is not due to lack of force, so take your time and get a few good looks at it to be able to see how the connector lines up.
That's good to know. I should have it back in a week or so. I'll be trying my hardest not screw it up.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:48 AM
gcj280
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just an FYI. I am now repairing these tachometer circuit boards. I have been repairing circuit boards for quite a while now on Camaros, Monte Carlos, El Caminos... most GM tachs anyway. Feel free to look me up on ebay or thirdgen.com as gcj280. I have sold many new circuit boards for these GM cars and trucks. I don't currently have a new replacement for the corvette, but I repair them for $85 shipping included. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks! Greg
Old 11-16-2017, 09:02 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by gcj280
Hey guys, just an FYI. I am now repairing these tachometer circuit boards. I have been repairing circuit boards for quite a while now on Camaros, Monte Carlos, El Caminos... most GM tachs anyway. Feel free to look me up on ebay or thirdgen.com as gcj280. I have sold many new circuit boards for these GM cars and trucks. I don't currently have a new replacement for the corvette, but I repair them for $85 shipping included. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks! Greg
^^^^ Good to know^^^^thanks
Old 09-19-2018, 06:36 PM
Opihi59
Bonehead
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just figured I'd revive this thread, currently I'm working thru a LCD display issue once again, and have another thread for that. My LCD went from showing incomplete digits/characters, to now being completely a blank (orange) display with no digits/characters. While I suspect this is an LCD connector issue, in taking it apart I can find no issues but I did have blown bulbs at the LP16 check gauges location, and at the LP8 Illum position. These are not behind the LCD display. I have messages to both Batee.com and now John Gardner though no responses as of yet.
Currently I'm planning on selling my original owner 37K miles 6-spd and it would help I am sure to have the instrument cluster functional. I'll let you all know what I find, and whatever resolution.

Quick Reply: 94 Vette Tachometer Problems